need a new hobby?

miniwendy

I was cruising around on ebay and saw this for sale- a custom made Lovecraft "Call of Cthulu" Littlest Pet Shop figure...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Custom-Littlest-P...=item2c52d2d2c2

I find myself giggling at different points in the day thinking about it. "Look Fluffy Bunny, there's Happy Kitty's Pink Pet House. Let's go in and have some tea. Oh, how wonderful, it looks like Cuddly Cthulu's already there! Its party time happy friends!"

• 1 month later...
I was cruising around on ebay and saw this for sale- a custom made Lovecraft "Call of Cthulu" Littlest Pet Shop figure...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Custom-Littlest-P...=item2c52d2d2c2

I find myself giggling at different points in the day thinking about it. "Look Fluffy Bunny, there's Happy Kitty's Pink Pet House. Let's go in and have some tea. Oh, how wonderful, it looks like Cuddly Cthulu's already there! Its party time happy friends!"

:banana::( What's for tea? Why, a fluffy bunny fricassee!

• 6 months later...
I have a plush Cthulhu, he's pretty cool. The story is rather disturbing, Pickman's Model even more so. Lovecraft was a genius.
I also found the stories disturbing, especially as I discovered Lovecraft whilst still in elementary school!

Cthulhu was basically a demon (god?) that was more or less the embodiment of evil, REALLY bizarre and totally terrifying. H.P. Lovecraft wrote a bunch of very, very disturbing fantasy stories based on this invented mythology - and I have no idea how on earth you'd make a children's toy out of this!

Doogster, is this one like yours?

cthulhularge.jpg

I never pictured Cthulu with arms & legs or batwings; I got as far as the rugose cone and tentacles around the base, and that was enough to give me nightmares. I wonder if anyone ever did a toy of Shub-Niggurath, the black goat with a thousand young?