Somedays I feel like Erma Bombeck

heidiiiii

Who else here has read Erma Bombeck`s books?

I have read them all and laughed my head off. But sometimes I think I am re-living a life like that.

1.) Daughter tells me that I need to pick her up after school late cause she has a meeting..Doesnt tell me till this morning.

2.) Something catches my eye on the front porch ceiling by the front door.. A baldfaced hornet nest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been having the heeby jeeby itches since I saw it! It is very small but needs to be dealt with. Guess who will be dealing with it?

3.) I put a load in the dryer and pushed the button...Nothing.. Click, click, click. but nothing.. DRYER IS BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to take clothes to laundrymat to dry. I have to find the money to pay to have dryer looked at.

Can I run away? Really does anyone want to become a hobo and run away with me somewhere that domesticicity doesnt exist??

I will provide the bandanas and sticks!!

I am being proactive!!!!

I found a message board called Fixit.com

you give them your model number and info and they can give you idea what is wrong and if you could fix it.

From what I have read (i posted question anyway), It seems I have a blown thermal fuse. Now I have to see what they say.

I really dont know if this is an ez-peezie-lemon-squeezie task or if I should have a repairperson do it.

I will keep you all informed. I am very smart to know that if it is something I dont or shouldnt be messing with, I wont! :D:blink::)

Darling Hubby is going to kill the wasps nest tonite when he gets home. Must wait till dark. Must drown the lil nest to death. Must kill the lil bugger/buggers!

Edit: Did some more reading. I am not going to mess with the dryer. I checked the circuit breaker. I turned it off and on again and dryer still isnt running.

If it IS the thermal fuse, that means the dryer might be overheating and I dont want to mess with THAT.

I wonder, hmmm, just wonder which child I am going to have to sell to pay for the repairs? Dryer is 3 years old.

Hubby is NOT happy. He is a laundry freak! Loves to do laundry. Okay.. I am going to disappear into the world of miniatures and pretend everything is hunkydory for an hour or so.

I completely understand about the dryer. My old one did the same thing I don't know how many times. DH tried to fix it, then when it broke again my dad tried, then the next his dad was over here. Talk about 'to many cooks in the kitchen' :) . They never did tell me what was wrong and I just got fed up and made DH buy a new one. I thought I deserved it anyway because the old one was 15 years old (a hand me down when we got married). :blink:

Any kind of bugs creep me out. after I see one it feels like they're crawling all over me. Especially wasps, bees and spiders. I make DH take care of them all even though he's allergic to bees. He says that he would rather put up with the bees than listen to me :):D .

Hopefully everything works out, keep us posted.

Annette

Heidi, had to laugh. I had ALL of Erma's books at one time and read them when I was a teenager. There were certain parts of her books that were just too, too funny. I like you getting proactive--I'm going to have to check that fix-it sight out! Here are a few of mine:

Grass is growing, but can't cut it because A) hubby didn't get home in time :D too hot c) I'd cut it myself but the lawn mower is 'rigged' so hubby says -he doesn't like me to use his toys--go figure

Dishwasher broke a glass so now we wash dishes. Hubby's job is now to wash dishes--I figure it's only fair, if I have to cook!LOL!

I know how you feel about bugs--the thing we have the most problem with is ants and bees. There are wasps and bees in the old shed and I hate bees.

Called a repairman... Seems the dryer vent issue I was asking about b4 might be also the reason the dryer is not working now..

$75 for them to come and check it out. Going to see if that $75 includes them checking out the washer too!

Did you KNOW that you are supposed to have the dryer opened up and cleaned out every 2 years? :D:blink:

I didnt! Like Opened and vacuumed out in the inside/inside!!

I know the part (if that is the problem) costs $14! So we will see what he says. If it cost way too much over the $75 I will just buy a new dryer.

I am Erma incarnant (sp?)

I had to cancel the dryer guy cause the city is closing our street (dead end) for 5 hours starting at 9am tomorrow to cut roots out of the sewer lines!!!

The minpin is limping. Well, he was limping until I made a vet appt. Now he is acting all normal. Just like a kid!

Still going to take him. He needs rabies update, poop float, and have this hangy bally thingy under his armpit looked at. They said they wouldnt take it off unless he needed something major done, but his harness is chafing. I have to take it off all the time now. I used to just leave it on all day and take off at night.

Our other dog, well, I dont know how much more of her senior moments I can take. My house smells!! ;)

I already tried Nature`s miracle but when a dog is constantly doing it on the floor, kinda defeats the purpose. I am going to have to have the whole subfloor in a step up section of the diningroom replaced!

She doesnt have anything wrong medically. Just old.

Calgon take me away! :lol: :( :o

Hi Heidi,

May I suggestm puppy pad for your elderly doggie? You can buy them at Walmart very inexpensively...$6 something for a package of 32. Other stores are much,much,more expensive. I have a little dog with congestive heart failure and the vet has her on Lasix so the puppy pads are great for her.

Please excuse typos I'm a two fingered typist.

Regards,

goodteach0

Did you KNOW that you are supposed to have the dryer opened up and cleaned out every 2 years? :lol: :o

I didnt! Like Opened and vacuumed out in the inside/inside!!

Don't think you have to open and clean out the inside of your dryer. Maybe in a perfect world. I never have and our dryer has ran for over 27 years without any repairs. I run it most days.

The puppy pads are a great idea for an older dog. Much easier than cleaning up messes on carpet. Also, it's a lot less stressful for a geriatric pet. They don't like being dirty, but do have problems in getting outside quick enough. When they realize that the puppy pads are acceptable, they're more relaxed and healthier.

-Susanne

Tyson (minpin) is fine. He must have gotten stepped on or stubbed his toe.

I know about the pads. I will give it a try. She is so willy nilly about where she does it. There is no designated spot.

She cant see well. I wonder if I can teach her a new trick.

Susanna, I dont know! :lol: I have never heard this either until I was trying to read up on what the problem with the dryer was. My mom had an ancient dryer and she never had to extensively clean it out. And wouldnt you know the Good Housekeeping warranty ran out 3 months ago!! :o

I have to call to re-schedule. I have a set price I will pay for repairs. I know it is only 2yrs and some months old but I am not paying a price that could buy me a new dryer.

There is end of school cleaning going on. I am tired of looking at all this STUFF in the diningroom. It is embarrassing. I have started making piles to be either thrown away or brought up to their rooms. Let them deal with it. Then when they are both gone for the summer (Yippee!!!!!!! B) :D:D ), I will do a thorough clean out of both their rooms!

Erma..er I mean Heidi gets a vacation!!

I talked to my mil yesterday. The whole family has many many plans for Natalie (my baby) for the summer. She will be picked up by my bil and sil on Saturday after school lets out. She will be staying with them on weekends, my mil during the week, and taken places by the extended family. Fred has 6 sibs so she will be very busy.

They are taking her clothes shopping for school, getting her hair done with Japanese straightening (she will be afro free for school), fishing with Pops, six flags every weekend..

This girl doesnt know what to do. LOL She is so excited. They said (and so did I) it is up to Nat how long she wants to stay..All summer or less.

Chelsea is leaving for 5 weeks for summer art college the sunday after Nat leaves.

What am I going to do with myself? I am going to get a taste of empty nesting!

Dh cant take a vacation because they were already put in but we will find things to do. But I am going to CLEAN and RE-Arrange and Save money, and NOT have a stroke when the electricity bill comes in.

I bet I could get the Marquam Hill done inside and out with all that time!

Girls are leaving in 3 days.... :D:(:D:(:(:(:):(

We have mega packing to do. MEGA. I wanted to ask a question. What do you always seem to forget when you go away?

I want to make sure I am not forgetting anything. It feels like I am..you know what I mean?

And NO the dog and I wont fit in a duffle bag! :lol:

I even remembered to make a copy of medical insurance card for Nats aunt and uncle just in case.

If you can throw stuff out there, it might jog my head.

What do you always seem to forget when you go away?

It's usually something different each time, especially with the camper. When we went to the AL Tandem Rally I forgot the clothes I wanted to wear to the banquet. On our nest-to-last trip to San Francisco I forgot to take my extra two pillows I need to elevate head, hand & foot. I haven't forgotten meds yet, but individual toiletry items, grooming items, if I need more than one pair of shoes some get left, one time I had to go out & find a bathing suit... You might want to include the name & # of your daughters' doctor.

When I pack I always make a list of everything we are going to need and have DH go over it to see if I forgot anything. Usually the things I forget are socks, shoes, towels, toothbrush and paste, soap, shampoo and my sons' allergy medicine (he hides it so I will forget it :lol: ).

Annette :D

Already one step ahead of ya Havana!

Chelsea`s information is all at the school so I dont have to worry about her.

I printed a copy of insurance and typed a letter giving permission to the two people for minor decisions(like stitches etc) and major decisions are to be made by us. I also typed in that the decisions can be made from date-date.

I also gave them a list of everybodies contact info, 2 friends for emergency contact, and the name and number of her primary dr. Also my email and IM.

I am not worried about Nat forgetting anything cause they will be able to provide it. Chels is on her own so to speak. Batteries, pads, toothbrush holder, film for polariod, I even found her a nice cup from $$ store so she can make tea....(TEA! Forgot to pack teabags!)