I Wanna Be A......When I Grow Up 2/7/10

Minis On The Edge

This was very spooky and VERY accurate!! It picked 7 of my jobs I have done and this is based off of picking colors! What did you wanna be when you were a kid and what is your career now? Take the test first here: http://www.careerpath.com/career-tests/col...rcounselor.aspx

then tell us if yours was accurate in picking your career. Then read this interesting article; http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/ma...m?se=yahoorefer

Here's mine! Boy is that accurate :)

Best Occupational Category

You're a CREATOR

Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES

Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

We are both Creators!!

Mine says:

You're a CREATOR

Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES

Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

2nd Best Occupational Category

You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords:

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

I imagine just about everyone here would come back with creative since we are! As for occupations, I have been a Babysitter, maker of dolls, teddy bears, dollclothes, miniatures, wallpaperer, painted murals, and sewn for people so creative would cover it! I had to laugh at the last part! "You're a PERSUADER", my family would be more apt to say a "Bossy"! I guess having a husband, six kids and all these pets over the years has made me rather "persuasive" in order to have things go the way I wanted them to. LOL

You're a CREATOR

Keywords

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You're a PERSUADER

Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

Interesting! The analysis listed many of my personal traits, and actually nailed my career in the "2nd best" category... It didn't guess what I had wanted to be when I was a kid though...

Edit: it didn't find any creativity in me though! Hmmm...

give my first name & email to someone I've played a color game with? Uh-uh. I took an MMPI test in highschool and I took another one 30+ years later when I worked for Lionel Play World, and they were both 'way off!

OK, with a pseudonym I dood it! As expected, the first choice was CREATOR, but get a load of the second choice!

You're a DOER

Keywords:

Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent

These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

Section I: You and Your Team

This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.

Section II: Your Key To Success

Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.

Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses

Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.

Section IV: Leadership Power Moves

This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

Mine came out Creator for the 1st one and Social Manager for the 2nd one. It sort of follows correctly for me.

As a kid I always wanted to be an architect but back then only boys could do that. I went on to get a degree in art and do all manners of crafts and hobbies and household woodworking and designing.

In addition I've cared for all the family members that have died of longterm illnesses or suffered with other maladies, raised a sibling and am now raising 3 grandchildren.

Kind of spooky that it could do that.

Doesn't it make you wonder how it does that?!? My first reaction when the colors came up is "how is this going to work when they didn't even include pink!!!", but it does anyway! LOL For those who are getting the math in theirs, are you using a lot of math calculations or measuring in your dollhouse/miniature making?

LUCKY ME I GOT TWO CATEGORIES;

You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.ORGANIZER CAREERS

Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES

Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

You're a CREATOR

Keywords:

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or whether they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

dewey_04.png

• Section I: You and Your Team
    This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
  • Section II: Your Key To Success
    Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
  • Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
    Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
  • Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
    This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

Remarkable, mine is accurate. I'm an organizer first, then creator.

Analyzing is my forte. I can be very creative in the sense of applying unconventional techniques to achieve what I have in mind.

I'm definitely not a designer of things, and I don't feel the need to design. There are so many brilliant designers in the world, who make their designs available through kits, patterns, plans, what have you. I adore their designs, and find great pleasure in making them.

My first was Creator and my second was Social Manager. I've never had any real jobs in the first group, which may explain why I've never had a job that I really like....lol. But the spooky thing I found about this was that I've taken these "tests" before. Years apart from each other and never a pick a color one, always just pick the best answer and I've always come up with the Creator for the best career choice.

I'm a lously test taker as well. Every time I take a test I know that I can do better than what the test results indicate. I recently took a typing test and I know that when relaxed I can type a lot faster than what I did on the test.

Wow! Of the 24 suggested occupations I aspired or majored in 10 of them, with some others not suggested being related.

I am a Creator. Hardly surprising, since I've been into sewing, crafts of all sorts, writing, and architecture since I was in first grade, and film and broadcasting from age 12!

Second was Organizer. Me? Maybe in a job setting, but not the home. Creativity's #1 byproduct is a mess left by all the items necessary for the creative process.

Very interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

1 a creator and 2 a persuader :hmm: hitting pretty close so to speak....

Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive

These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

Hugs

Very interesting test. Who knew color choices could reveal so much?

My results: 1. Creator

Keywords: Nonconforming, impulsive, expressive, romantic, intuitive, sensitive and

emotional.

2. Social Manager

Keywords: Tactful, cooperative, generous, understanding, insightful, friendly and

cheerful. This very social type enjoys working in groups, sharing

responsibilities, and being the center of attention. (my family would

say thats way too true :) )

Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care-giving and

instructing - especially young people. They discuss and consider

feelings in order to solve problems, lead, direct, persuade, guide,

organize and enlighten others. (Kinda funny, since my alter-ego is

"Surly"..LOL)

All in all, pretty accurate

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not surprising here -- another Creative! Second is Social Manager. I guess anyone who is a miniaturist has to be creative to some degree! :lol:

Someone commented on color-blindness -- my son is also color blind. There must be another type of test for them.