I Wanna Be A......When I Grow Up 2/7/10

Minis On The Edge

Mine was interesting since I have a degree in Broadcasting and LOVE music.. This was interesting..I ended up in Law though LOL

Best Occupational Category

You're a CREATOR

Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES

Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

2nd Best Occupational Category

You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords:

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

dewey_04.png

• Section I: You and Your Team
    This personality overview section highlights your natural workplace talents—the tasks you pursue with passion. You'll learn how your natural strengths complement those of your coworkers and how, joining forces, you can resolve on-the-job dilemmas.
  • Section II: Your Key To Success
    Here you discover your capacity for dispelling disruption and maximizing profitability. Use this proven, beyond-self-perception advice to create a more positive career path free of detours.
  • Section III: Managing Strengths and Weaknesses
    Your evaluation's highest and lowest scores result in this section's recommendations for staying on-track in your career and reversing wrong turns. In focusing on your talents and missteps, you'll re-stoke your energy and enthusiasm for managing costly mistakes.
  • Section IV: Leadership Power Moves
    This final section identifies your "street sense," those power moves that turn obstacles into insignificant details. Here suggestions based on your color-ranked evaluations will guide you towards making the most of an interview or harnessing your fast-paced workday.

Interesting test. I'm a creator/organiser which I think is quite a good summary. I'm physically creative in my hobbies such as the fashion doll and doll house restoration and sewing. I've created my own website and I'm a dancer.

In terms of my current work I'm mentally creative in that I have to take unorthodox approaches to situations and come up with new ways of doing things. Once I have my strategy in mind, I then set up processes to implement it. I'm changing the way criminal justice is delivered in our area.

Interestingly I was a careers adviser for many years so am very familiar with career tests and this one is quite good.

My first was CREATOR and the second was SOCIAL ORGANIZER. I think they were pretty accurate! I love tests like these. I have a book called the COLOR CODE that is a personality profile and it describes the personalities as RED, BLUE, WHITE, YELLOW it's really cool. I have always wondered though what personality type is the most likely to want to take a personality profile quiz??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine was spot on... DOER, which included a whole bunch of engineering jobs and I was like NO way. This is way off all kinds of hardcore jobs, then second to last DANCER! BAMMMM spot on spooky test! I was a championship irish dancer!!!

My second was a Researcher which is totally me. I swear I could read an encyclopedia every night before bed!

:happydance: i got creator and social organiser too :D

i think this whole forum would get basically the same ;)

Cranky.... maybe your bringing out your inner child through miniatures ;)

• 3 months later...

Wow -- that's pretty spot on. Creator as the best category, and second is organizer. Guess both match my job as a web developer (design and build websites, but balance out doing graphics work with actual hard coding the scripts to make the site work as a whole)...

Second Linda's statement -- think everyone in the forum is first and foremost a Creator. I mean, look at all the works of art everyone has posted in the gallery! :)

Last time I took this test I was an Organizer, this time Creator/Organizer......

However,when I was a child I wanted to be a Princess.......or a Cowgirl.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm- I DID move to Texas...... :):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I took the test then had my daughter take it. It was spot on for me but not even close for my daughter :hmm:

When my husband gets home I'm going to ask him to take it...can't wait to see what it says for him :D

Nice to have company, Kathie!

Well, you all got my curiosity going and I found the link to this test. Let me tell you... it said that my best occupational category is that I'm an organizer; second, that I'm a doer! Nothing about creativity at all. I'd make a good IRS agent? They've got to be kidding! Me? Ah, I don't think so. Careful, conservative nature? I don't know who they're referring to, but that sure aint me! Stupid test! Doer? ... if any of this is true, why haven't I finished my Garfield yet???

Stupid test! Doer? ... if any of this is true, why haven't I finished my Garfield yet???

It said you're a Doer, not a Finisher ... heeheee heeeee

That's pretty funny, actually. Thanks, I needed a laugh! I just keep reminding myself that the whole idea of building a dollhouse is the BUILDING A DOLLHOUSE part of it -- not the putting it on a shelf 'cause it's done part!

I agree. The finished houses aren't fun for me any more. They're just sitting collecting dust. I'm not one to play with them when they're finished. Might as well move them to a museum.