Resizing wallpaper printie

amos

Hello,

I am trying to print out in scale a wallpaper printie from this site

nav.gifThe Greenleaf Miniature Community > Gallery > User Information > Free wallpaper printies

either this one the fullham tapestry jpg on 1st page or tawny gold jpg page 4. I am using a paint program and I have tried to resize the image the canvas size zoom in zoom out anything I could to try to get the image in scale but to no avail. I have tall walls so it has to print vertical on the page. ANy suggestions? This site has beautiful wallpapers, I am so glad she has put them up, I just have to find a way to use them :)

Please email me

Thank you for any help

Diane

• Like 1

I would think a lot of folks would appreciate the info. Have you tried tiling it? What I did when I wanted to print out a batch of books was to save them into "My Pictures", tweak the sizing in Paint, and then open a Word document to tile them, and then printed them. In "My Pictures" I can resize pictures.

I use a scrapbook program that I have. I make one image the size that I want it and then use the duplicate feature to fill the page. That way I know every piece is identical in size and it's easy to match them up. To match the pattern if it's large enough to need matching, just crop until you get the pattern piece that you need to match, on the edge, and then push them together on the screen. A lot of work, but it can be done.

Diane, are you aware that if you click on a picture in the Gallery it will enlarge it and should come out to the proper size.

Edit: I'm sorry, just checked Debra's gallery and her pictures do not enlarge. You'll most likely have to tile them as Holly mentioned.

I would think a lot of folks would appreciate the info. Have you tried tiling it? What I did when I wanted to print out a batch of books was to save them into "My Pictures", tweak the sizing in Paint, and then open a Word document to tile them, and then printed them. In "My Pictures" I can resize pictures.

I just tried this a couple times, and while I can get the image to enlarge to fill a sheet, it gets distorted. I also can't figure out what you mean by opening a Word document to tile them? Could you give me more detail? I don't have a scrapbook program. Thank you.

Kirsten

• Like 1

Hello,

I am trying to print out in scale a wallpaper printie from this site

nav.gifThe Greenleaf Miniature Community > Gallery > User Information > Free wallpaper printies

either this one the fullham tapestry jpg on 1st page or tawny gold jpg page 4. I am using a paint program and I have tried to resize the image the canvas size zoom in zoom out anything I could to try to get the image in scale but to no avail. I have tall walls so it has to print vertical on the page. ANy suggestions? This site has beautiful wallpapers, I am so glad she has put them up, I just have to find a way to use them :)

Please email me

Thank you for any help

Diane

Hi Diane,

Are you trying to use the wallpaper image and make it larger or just taller?

Are you wanting a 1/12 scale with 10" high walls?

• Like 1

I copied some printies from Jim Collins' site into "My Pictures" because I wanted to print bunches. I opened them in "Paint" to make sure they were available & the size I wanted. Then I opened "Word" and pasted as mini copies of each image as I wanted to use; when I had all I wanted, I printed the page.

• Like 1

HI Mary,

My walls are 9 to 9 1/2 inches tall, when I try to print it prints horizontal and if I can get it to rotate to the vertical size the image is not close to 1/12 scale, which is a shame because there are some beautiful patterns. I hope someone has an answer, I am going to try Holly's suggestion if I can figure it out...

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Diane

• Like 1