Another good reason to build minis!

Roxxie

Hi All

I just saw this article on Yahoo about being bored. If you are inactive and bored it can lead to an early death, according to the article.

The next time someone makes a comment about your miniature obsession, tell them at least you aren't bored and headed for an early demise. In other words...building miniatures is Good For your Health!

What do you all think about this?

:)

I agree, I see way too many people who are always bored, couch potatoes, they have a tendency to get depressed too. We on the other hand are never bored, get excited over the "LITTLEST" things, and are generally happy people! A perfect example is the founder of our miniature club, she is 83, very active in our club plus others and is still creating all the time, she still uses power tools too!!! I want to be like her when I grow up!!!!

One of our paddling buddies is a bit older than we are, she's a retired music teacher and she paddles a canoe now, instead of a kayak, because she has issues getting into & out of a kayak (I can't get into or out of my 22" wide sea kayak any longer...).

Absolutely believe it. Example: my fil is 84. He has ranched and farmed all his life except for a brief time in WWII. That's work from dawn to dusk every day. Either the hay needs cut, baled, and stacked, the cattle need hooves trimmed, horns cut , castration, maternity care, shots, feeding, or something no matter the weather. But he loved what he was doing until he hit about 81. Now he has macular degeneration and can only see his cattle with binoculars. The last time he tried to drive farm machinery, he ran over his own dog. He doesn't see anything but shapes instead of the tv screen or the great grandkids. He has degenerated vertebrae and can barely walk. So he sits. He has probably lost 50 lbs since his eyesight got so bad, not to mention his sense of humor or interest in anything. He became an old man almost overnight and we are afraid we are going to lose him before long.

I don't know if MIL has tried those. He never was a reader anyway. SIL and we together bought him a big screen tv a couple of years ago and he will sit and listen to that. he could see it for awhile, but not anymore. MIl does bring him to Lubbock every couple of weeks and to the little town near where they live several days a week. He's just not interested in doing anything but arguing with her. I hate it for her too. For as long as I've known her she was taking care of ill MIL, then grandkids for her daughter, then great grandkids for her GD. They only finally all moved out a couple of years ago and now she is babysitting him. The poor woman has done nothing but take care of everyone her entire life and never really had much life of her own.