A new member to our family

heidiiiii

Heidi, I wasn't referring to you personally and didn't mean to offend you. I'm sure you did all you could. If you and her previous owners couldn't connect, then it seems that fate meant for her to find you. That's all good. My point was simply that we don't know what went on in the lives of these little angels before they come to us, and to condemn previous owners without knowing the whole story is mean spirited. I think there's way too much negativity in the world to go tossing it around based on an assumption.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New haircut!

She can see now and because of that, she can climb up the stairs on her own. Groomer thinks this was her first haircut ever. She was a little doll for them. They wish they could clone her just as she is.

She is definitely a Chi mix. When she wet her head down..her head and face shape of a Chi. We just cannot see it because it is covered in hair.

So we do not know when her next grooming will be because we do not know how long it will take.

What a precious! What does Monster Face think of her?

Both cats do not really pay her any mind. Just a passing glance but not being mean anymore. Oliver and MF were so interested in who she was that they would back her into a corner.

Perla was so mad yesterday. Lu was gone for 3 hours because it was her first session. So I think in HER mind..Lu was history. When we brought her back, she had a fit and attacked Lu...no bloodshed.

We separated the girls and showed Perl that it was in fact Lu and not some other mystery dog. They are fine now but Perl is still a little perturbed.

I wanted to say that I have them both on a definite potty schedule now. Or they have ME on one..LOL

I have seen a couple squirts here and there but not as much as before. They want out the moment their feet touch the livingroom floor in the morning. Before both of them would just pee on the floor because they did not want to hold it while I got ready..I think Perla`s was defiance because she used to be able to.

Now they both hold it and wait for me to put on coat, shoes, and their leashes.

I am going to put the runner back out again in the yard and have two leads on there for them. BUT the rule is going to be that they are not allowed outside by themselves at anytime. And they have to be put in their harnesses to go on runner.

Do not want the turkey buzzards to get them.

If I am working in the yard or I am cooking on the grill..i will not mind having the two of them out there with me. I will still walk them everyday though.

Kathie is right, dogs can get away from their owners so easily! When we lived in the country, we would have them show up, especially during hunting season. Men would take out dogs that were not completely trained and they would wander off and get lost. We had some beautiful hunting dogs, obviously well cared for, show up in our yard. All but one were finally claimed. This one was beautifully cared for, well behaved, just lost, and we never did find out who she belonged to. A friend finally took her, since we already had two dogs. We have ours chipped, but if the person who finds a dog, doesn't know to look for a chip, it doesn't do much good.

I had a yorkie once, and she ran out the door one night when we opened it. She was so tiny that neither I nor the person at the door even noticed until I started looking around for her about 15 minutes later. It was dark, pouring rain, and we couldn't find her at all. We ran ads, told all the high school kids where we taught, and finally one boy told me that he thought this other family had her. They denied it, got really nasty when we kept pushing, and I never could get her back. I still feel tremendous guilt about letting her get lost, but at least I knew she was ok!

• 3 months later...

We found out what breed she is!

I called our groomer today to make her an appointment and she told me that another dog just like her came in. She is a hybrid Malti-Pom or a Pomanese. She is part Maltese, part Pomeranian.

The pics online of the breed are spot on Lu!

Malti-Pom

We have us here a designer dog.

LOL

you found her, we have been looking for her for months!!!! i'll send my address, just ship her home, thanks. hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! cute pup heidi, looks like you have a new mouth to feed.

dave