Dioramas in 1/16th scale.

JohnReid

I don't see why not. We love all things mini. The techniques may need modification for the smaller scales and 1/16th may not be one of the more common ones, but doubtless those with experience at 1/2" scale and 1/4" scale could proffer advice and I'm sure we'd all love to see eye candy in any scale!

Lately I've been attracted to the idea of the smaller scales...

This is a Victorian facade that I built for a 1/16th diorama of a backyard with an old home built aircraft in it.It is made with watercolor paper and painted with acrylics.The paper is cut into individual bricks and glued onto foamboard.This is a technique that I learned on a car modeling forum.The windows and doors all open and close and were made from plexiglass and wood.Lots of fun to do and very rewarding when finished.

John, this is amazing stuff! The watercolour paper provides a lovely texture and your work is beautifully detailed. Will you open an album so we can drool over - er, look at, more of your wonderful dioramas? :hmm:

Love how some of the bricks sink into the wall a bit, looks great! Lots of patience needed too I bet.

Thank you! as you probably already know watercolor paper comes in various textures and thicknesses .The thicker stuff is rolled so that the edges are tapered,so I just made some bricks a little thinner or on a slight angle.

John, this is amazing stuff! The watercolour paper provides a lovely texture and your work is beautifully detailed. Will you open an album so we can drool over - er, look at, more of your wonderful dioramas? :hmm:

Thank you so much for your kind comments.An album,sounds good to me!

Actually you can post pictures in your posts until you use up your bandwidth; when you've made five posts is when you can make albums to post your pictures in the Gallery.

Also, 1:16 used to be another popular dh scale, I think 1:12 became more popular because of being able to convert directly from feet to inches.

I use some 1/12th scale stuff in my dioramas such as tools ,containers etc... that come in all sizes in real life, so scale is not a problem.Here in Montreal we have a great show once a year where I pick up a lot of my stuff.Most of the other stuff is scratch built however out of necessity.