newbie from KS

DoulaJo

Hello, my hubby and I are new at doll houses, but have been *talking* about putting together a house since before our first child was born......then the problem was that we were afraid small children weren't a good mix with a doll house/miniatures.

Well, our oldest is now turning 12 in a couple months and our youngest is 5! We've moved to a new home with a guest bedroom that we've set up a table in to work on the dollhouse and lock the door when we're not in there to supervise. I got replacement instructions for our house about 4 yrs ago and our brand new house went through a fire and then a flood in the basement (where the unbuilt house was being stored) So, the box is gone, the instructions are gone and we can't remember what the name of the house is to look for a new set of replacement instructions! ACK! I'm positive the house is not any of the Greenleaf or Corona ones listed in the store - so I'm fairly certain its been discontinued for years. We originally bought the kit in the 1990's. I have a picture of the front piece, of course its unpainted, unfinished, etc.........can anyone give me a suggestion on what house it might be?

Thanks! DJ in Kansas

dollhousefront.jpg

Welcome to the little family and I had two different dollhouses when I was a little girl, so as long as you supervise a very young child it's OK. Your 12 year old should be fine and the five year old will learn gentle play with a beautiful dh. I think Linda may have spotted your house for you. Does it have dormers? The front roof section will have spaces for them. It looks like a lovely house and you should have lots of fun figuring out how to build it and actually doing it. I like carpenter's wood glue to assemble the houses, and a Stanley stapler to help hold them together whilst the glue dries. You can't have too many clamps or too much masking tape.

Where in Kansas are you? My son and his family live in southwest Kansas. There is, or used to be, a dollhouse shop in Garden City.

Yes, yes........what town? I too am from "the land of Ahs"! Yea........another "mini neighbor"!

• 2 weeks later...