Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Jenn, it's awesome! Since I started doing minis last summer, I've had no time to sit down and read any novels. So, I branched into audiobooks to listen to while I work on minis. The Harry Potter series was the first one I listened to and have been hooked since!

So many fabulous entries. I really don't envy the judges.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. Lots of detail yet to add, but time ... you know. Photos sent to Greenleaf. Album open. What a ride!

I am really impressed with the creativity, detail and craftsmanship in every one of the projects already revealed. Winners all!

Just spent a wonderful hour or so going through all the new albums. What amazing entries, how will the judges ever decide - think they should just give up and give prizes to everyone.

You know, I thought that because the building shouted "Garage" there would have been lots of garages but every entry, without exception is so much more than a garage, and some are totally not garages at all. What a lot of creative minds there are on here.

Ok quick question from my phone do we have until noon tomorrow to have the pics into greenleaf? I thought I seen somewhere in here that was said. Still with no phone computer or dsl and now it has been tstorming again for the last 3 hours so no outside pics and my lights keep flashing oh what avweek! If someone could let me know definately asap I would really appreciate it!

I am so LOVING the pictures you all posted of your Fabulous entries!! Wow, there are so many different ideas that came from this same kit. You all really have inspired me with the great ideas and Fantastic "eye candy"!! I'm Lovin It" :laughbounce:

Ok quick question from my phone do we have until noon tomorrow to have the pics into greenleaf? I thought I seen somewhere in here that was said. Still with no phone computer or dsl and now it has been tstorming again for the last 3 hours so no outside pics and my lights keep flashing oh what avweek! If someone could let me know definately asap I would really appreciate it!

Wendy, I emailed them a couple weeks ago, asking the EXACT deadline -- the response was that if they received it by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday the 1st, it would be okay. That would give you the whole night to work on it if you need it. I was looking for the email to cut/paste for you, but I guess I let it go after getting my answer.

Well, mine's in. I wish I had had more time, but at least I made it. I might "tinker around" with it a bit more before the HBS contest. I also wish I could have sent Greenleaf more than 3 pictures. Mine is pretty big, and I couldn't really capture the entire front and back very well, but I felt that I had to try. So, the pics are just so-so. I'll try to put my album up asap . . . I have had ZERO sleep for the last several days, and I have to leave for work shortly, so it may have to wait . . .

Congratulations, Rhonda! Please drive carefully to and from work -- don't fall asleep at the wheel! :laughbounce:

Thanks, Claudia! I have to admit, my head is pounding and I feel lousy. I am just glad I made it in time. I am sure I'll "tweak" it some more, but at least I didn't miss the deadline.

According to the 1st post in this topic, it is due by 11:59pm Memorial day (today) because it says

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by Memorial Day, May 31, 2010, with the words in the subject line "I'm a winner". You can include a short description of your project.

You can read the entire post here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...st&p=420019

Wendy, I hope you can get your pics in before the deadline!

I just got mine done - the E_______ t___ is not completed, but I was able to put together three pics that show where I'm going with it. I'm too tired to look at any albums right now, but first thing tomorrow (when I get back from Physio) I'm going to have a good long gander at the Spring Flings!! :laughbounce:

Well, mine is not done but I have entered anyway. I devised a way to create a scene that made sense for an unfinished project. I told Dean and crew that I understood if they didn't accept it in the contest because it isn't finished.

My rationale for the unfinished project is based around the 1957 Fago, ND tornado and all the destruction it caused. That wasn't to be the storyline but it is now part of the storyline for Marla C. Henn and her three little children (chicks) Melody, Melanie and Merlin.

Here's my story:

Once upon a time Marla C. Henn and her three children, Melody, Melanie, and Merlin purchased a run down barn on 10 acres of land. Marla, affectionately called “Red” by her friends, planned a big renovation. She is well known for her stubborn determination and strong work ethic. The children were as hard workers as she was. She began by shoring up the foundation of the barn and putting in a kitchen on one end so she could start selling baked goods. She roughed in upstairs living quarters with the beginning of a dormer and an area for her custom sewing work, set up the animal area and began selling her eggs, milk, butter, cream, and cheese. She planted a garden, sold vegetables and flowers and took in laundry on the side. They were just getting their feet on the ground when the terrible tornado of 1957 struck in Fargo, ND. As you can see, all Red’s efforts now lie in shambles. She and her three little chicks are going to have to begin, yet, again. "Red" Henn and her chicks will move on to a very successful and happy life. You just wait and see.

Selkie, that's brilliant! And very nicely staged. You have no apologies to make, dear heart. This certainly appears to me to be a valid entry! :laughbounce:

Wow, a lot of interesting eye candy. I am learning to put aside my perfectionism because it does not go well with my procrastination. I should have put more emphasis on the landscape but as usual time did not permit it. Life just has this way of messing up all my plans. I look forward to browsing the rest of the eye candy I'm sure I've missed a lot of them.

I did it!!!!! I got it in by midnight, well I think. My wonderful husband drove me around last night until I could find wifi and then we had a police officer come by and wonder what we were doing in front of a closed store at 11:30 at night. He understood and thought it was funny. But I did get them in and more pics will follow for here today when the store is open. :laughbounce: thanks for everyones help in the deaine question