Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Also, I think we had a little fewer this year because people could do the one at HBS and they had more time (Time is on my side, yes it is) Ok, I'll stop singing LOL. I am pleased that we had at least 40 though. I am just waiting for the eye candy album to open up

:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think we had a little fewer this year because people could do the one at HBS and they had more time (Time is on my side, yes it is) Ok, I'll stop singing LOL. I am pleased that we had at least 40 though. I am just waiting for the eye candy album to open up

:lol:

Sing away, Tracy! Love that song! :cheer::D :popcorn:

I can't wait for the eye-candy fest to begin either... :woohoo:

Ok, back to figuring out LED's (think I will just call it a day on them altogether...grrrrr) Really must go buy a soldering tool.

1/2 scale would be great due to having the room issue but now I can use items from other displays...I'd have to buy all new people and items...I'm sure HBS wouldn't mind but my pocket book sure would :buddies:

As for having to buy new things for a half scale kit. They could do the contest chalanging people to use only found objects and things you have made yourself?

What do you think?

I think that is a fantastic idea. Everyone on here is so talented that a 1/2 scale trash to treasure contest would be great.

Wendy, that display case is brilliant, its just what I want for my SF.

Agree with the trash to treasure concept - but I think we might need a little more time than we had this year. Kits take a while to get to us overseas and I know that lots of people struggled with the deadline this year. If we have to make everything ourselves, it would take a bit longer.

A 1/2 scale DYI contest?? :rofl: Golly, I'm lucky I get the kit together...does THAT count?? :giggle:

I guess I'd be up for it...I'd just have to do a project that required lots and lots of shelves...easy peasy. :p I'm not much of a furniture maker. :angry: We'll have to see what they come up with...thankfully we have another 9 months or so to worry on it. (whew!)

In the meantime, I'm gonna go whittle some wood...just in case :buddies:

BTW, I LOVE the display case as well! Brilliant!

what to craft now, thanks for making me smile. :buddies:

Maybe you could bash furniture? I know I have lots of broken or inexpensive stuff my boys have broken that I could fix up or reuse for a different purpose.

Still keep checking in for photo's LOL

What are we going to do when this is over?????

I'd prefer half scale. I have enough trouble fitting in all the 1" scale houses I really want that I can't add any of the competition ones. I just don't have the room.

Besides, half scale is a good challenge!

wow, all i can do is put up the little faces, iv'e never been about to figure out that combination you just did. LOL :giggle:

I also just realised that there was a to the top button, Iv'e been using the mouse! LOL

Some computer wizard I am!!

Hey I found them? Yeh there is hope for me!!!! :buddies:

I have been a member of this forum for more then 2 years and I just found all the emoticons that everyone has been using. I could never find them. Little did I know that SHOW ALL would actually show all of those. :buddies:

Did anybody bring any coffee to this gathering? :giggle: We might as well empty a coffee pot while we wait for the results. I've had enough popcorn. Do you suppose the judges take a break now and then and go look at the forum, just to see what we're doing?? We'd better be smiling! :buddies:

Well, I'm off to the horse races today. :rofl: (hope the horses I pick don't stop to do THAT! :bop::giggle: ) Of course, I never do well in any form of betting, but it's still fun to go. Would be over the moon if I could just win enough for the 1/2 scale Chantilly :buddies:

Hoping by the time I get home we have an announcement..or maybe the gallery up. :p

See ya'll later on...

Oh, almost forgot: Monica - I finally figured out the LED strips :angry: - easy peasy when you have a soldering tool. Poke a pin thru those 2 copper centers on one end, thread your exposed copper hardwire ends thru them - the adhesive on back will hold them securely while you work on the top-side of it - then hit the top where you threaded them thru with a tiny bit of solder. Add your plug at other end of hardwire and All good to go! And one connection will light 3, 6, 9 lights - wherever you made your cut on the strip :whack: Just make sure you use rosin-core solder for electrical. I was so stunned at how simple it was :blush:

Hi ladies! It only took me a month to figure out how to POST to this forrum. I've been too busy working on my spring fling and reading all of your posts to figure it out! All I can say about your SFs is WOW! I had no idea that regular (albeit amazing) people could do things like that in 1:12 scale! I've been put to absolute shame! At least I'm still a hero in my son's eyes (my SF boathouse and tackle shop is for him and his G. I. Joes - It's NOT a dollhouse mommy - It's a FORT!). I'll try to figure out how to post my entry on my page today. Wish me luck!

PS. Can I have a blueberry muffin with my coffee? I need energy while I do my family's mountain of laundry! :buddies:

Great job Jillian - posted a comment in your gallery already, I'm watching as you load - its great to have more eye candy as we wait munching on snacks and taking it in turns to make coffee.

So first we have no time for RL because we're frantically Flinging -- and now we have no time for RL because we're sitting around anxiously awaiting the results!

I don't know why the cable company called this morning -- something about a Bill? Who's he? A Flair Artisan doll? Oh, well -- I brought some more coffee and there's some teabags in the mini-cupboard. :buddies: -- Anybody hungry? I found some pizza for us too :giggle: