Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upload date for the 2009 Gallery photos was June 2 -- but that wasn't the day the gallery was made public, I'm sure.

Edit to add: I just looked up last year's announcement. It was made on June 5. Go take a look at last year's eye candy. Eye candy never goes stale!

Monica, it was Dean's sister Lisa and his dad, Dean Sr., who got pulled in last year.

Rainy and dismal here too Kathie - 3rd day of it too :) ....it does tend to make one "grumpy" and dampens the outlook on absolutely everything, least for me. :banana:

Uh-oh . . . confession time, here: I LOVE rain, and I always hope for it on my days off. But, besides just out and out liking it, there's also a common-sense reason for my wishing for it: I work nights, and in the day time (especially if it is sunny out) there is just too much noise (i.e. mowers, weed eaters, music, etc. . .) for me to get any rest. So, a rainy day is . . . for me, anyway, a wonderful respite.

I am not liking the Facebook part of this contest at all. I have already decided that if they do the Piggyback Facebook contest next year, I am NOT going to participate in it. It seems to me that it has more to do with how many FB friends you have than anything else. I like the Greenleaf contest because it is judged by a real panel of judges, not people who may or may not like you.

Monica, it was Dean's sister Lisa and his dad, Dean Sr., who got pulled in last year.

And the year before that it was Dean's mom who got pulled in to break the tie. You guys did such awesome work that they may have to ressurect ancestors this year! That could probably take some time. LOL!

The winner's announcement will come out in an email as well as being announced here so if you get your email alerts via your cellphone, you won't even miss the announcement if you're away from a computer.

Deb

T

My goodness Kathy your memory is far better than mine. I got the year wrong :)

And the year before that it was Dean's mom who got pulled in to break the tie.

Deb

My goodness! *cackle* @ Deb....hahahah ancestors!

they may have to ressurect ancestors this year! That could probably take some time. LOL!

Deb

Alright, who was it that was making a time machine???? Better get a hussle on it :):) we might need it for the resurection ceremony :banana:

Alright, who was it that was making a time machine???? Better get a hussle on it :(:banana: we might need it for the resurection ceremony :hug:

Well, I am making one...but it's in no shape to resurrect anyone or anything at this point...how 'bout you Monica??? :) (like how I passed that off.... :p:) )

I am not liking the Facebook part of this contest at all. I have already decided that if they do the Piggyback Facebook contest next year, I am NOT going to participate in it. It seems to me that it has more to do with how many FB friends you have than anything else. I like the Greenleaf contest because it is judged by a real panel of judges, not people who may or may not like you.

oops -- my last post was supposed to be a "quote" from Rhonda's post, #904. I was replying to the last half of it, and I guess I deleted the first quote-marker so it didn't copy correctly. Sorry :)

so....i woke up...rushed in here to see........................................ nothing :) :)

but wow have you all been chatty while i was asleep!!!

maybe tomorrow :banana:

Yes, I'm seeing more problems with the HBS contest all the time. Not only about facebook friends, but also who posts pics first has the longest opportunity to gather votes, so those of us who were planning on tweaking ours until the July 4 deadline will be at a severe disadvantage. I still plan to enter, not because I think I'll win or anything but because some of my friends want to see what I've been so busy with! I do feel sorry for Dean and the other judges at this point. I can't imagine trying to pick only three out of the ones I've seen, and there are so many others we haven't seen. I know the judges are supposed to stick to the three pics we send in, but do you suppose they also peak at our galleries? It would be so hard not to!

because some of my friends want to see what I've been so busy with!
You can send the link to your Greenleaf Gallery to your friends or post the link on your FB page. The Galleries are open to the public. :)

My Goodness! There are so many new posts I was sure that there must be some news.

Oh well.

:mellow:

Yeah, me too.

I feel like an addict. The first thing I do in the morning is look here. And then after ten minutes again. Again I am neglecting this family, all due to SF ;)

And I don't know where to look first, here or in the gallery... Where do you guys look first?

And I don't know where to look first, here or in the gallery... Where do you guys look first?

I look here first, then see if there are any new galleries. Since I'm on the West Coast, and not an early riser, I'm the last to get on the Forum. But it's midnight now so I guess I will call it quits. Poor Dean -- he's probably already in rehab :mellow: trying to get his brain to stop spinning!

Goodnight all -- save me a cup of coffee in the morning -- I will be back! ;)

Whenever the results do show up, I will enjoy seeing the winners and their wonderful entries. Anyway, I am thinking that the winners will surely be on here some time this week. Congratulations to all of you! . . . Whoever you are! I know it will be exciting whenever you get your email notices. I am just wondering . . . perhaps some of you have already heard that you are winners??????