Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was just going to contact the #1 winner . . . so he contacted them all? Why not go ahead and post the album . . . whoever did win prizes will see that they did, and I am sure they will be pleased. Or, for that matter . . . if the email thing is a problem, why not just PM them here? I'm sure they would get the message just fine.

The winner's may not all be a part of the forum, so PM's might not be an option. I think there are always several who are not GL forum members, and who knows - this year maybe more than several ;)

I think I deleted mine too Monica :giggle: :lol: - silly me! No illusions - just am excited to see who the top dogs are :hmm: SO many wonderful entries so far...

:lol: still nothing :hmm: my momentum is lost...tell me when its over cos i'm certainly over it....on to bigger and better things :giggle: what will my next project be? hmmmm i dont know but i'm off to tidy the craft room and see what i can find ;)

I think this would be extremely prohibitive for many . . . not just the more elderly, as mentioned before . . . those that might have arthritis, vision problems, or other conditions to deal with, but also the newer builders. Even though I like (and have built) 1:144 scale houses, I find them more tedious than the larger scales. Plus, despite the fact that I (like most others here) have a space problem for adding a lot more 1:12 scale houses, the very small scale houses just don't have the impact that the larger ones do. People that have seen my collection give a brief "oh, look at that" to the 1:144 scale houses, but spend a lot of time looking closely at the 1:12 scale houses.

I agree with you, Rhonda, and disagree with myself! :giggle:

It was just a thought that flew off the top of my head before I could stop it! ;)

There's not enough detail in the tiny ones, and it would be too hard to bash or make much different than the original kit was designed for. So my vote is back to the 1:12 scale.

Still no Fling '10 album open? I didn't even enter but I'm starving for eye candy! I think I read on here before that there were 40 or so entries?

I hope they open the album today. Good luck to you all.

:giggle: Crystal

Well actually, I already went to the FB page last week b/c I was wanting that eye candy so bad! I did see a few entries there that weren't posted on this forum, but still didn't see 40 entries.

Maybe the winner is having a hard time deciding what to name the kit. Which leads me to a fun topic while we wait.

What would *you* name the kit if you were the winner? :giggle:

Crystal

Claytons Garage

EDIT: my partener just pointed out that this could be an 'aussie' saying ;)

'Claytons' means hmmmmmmmm like a substitute......... a nonalcoholic drink that tastes like whiskey is a 'claytons' whiskey.......

fits well with the garage that isnt necessarily a garage i thought :giggle:

...EDIT: my partener just pointed out that this could be an 'aussie' saying ...

'Claytons' means hmmmmmmmm like a substitute......... a nonalcoholic drink that tastes like whiskey is a 'claytons' whiskey.......

Haven't heard that saying before, I wonder what the origin for it is? Did somebody named Clayton make a substitute "something"? I'm always interested in the origin of words and sayings. :giggle:

Bummer!!!!! I was so sure last night when I went to bed that the albumn would be open now. The site was down so I figured you all were deep into eye-candy and crashed the site :giggle: Oh well, I'll keep checking back. Love the names everyone's coming up with...too funny