If you had one slogan that summed up life - what would it be?

Scotty

Julie,

I noticed this yesterday. You cannot edit your posts and when you want to quote someone..it wont let you go to the end of the quote and start typing. Also, there is not icon blinking to show you where it is you are typing.

Something is wrong.

I have two as well, and they are:

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

And

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

I love the one attached to my signature block; unfortunately, I can't give credit to its original author because I have no idea who it is! But, it fits and it works for me!

My favorite slogans, if that's what they are, are at the bottom of my posts. The new one around lately that really annoys me is - "It is what it is". Does that mean you don't have to come up with an answer, or you just don't want to, or you just don't know? Pick one. :thumb:

Besides the one in my signature which is an all-time favorite, I have a bunch depending on the current status of life.

Here are some.

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." J. C. Pearce

"Who I am precedes what I do."

"My Child .... Begin again."

:giggle: Just for fun, I love these –

"I live in another dimension but I have a summer home in reality."

"My reality check just bounced."

:p And then these that are a little more serious or deep thinking.

1. "The remarkable thing is, we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. I am convinced that life is 10% what happen TO me and 90% how I react to it. … we are in charge of our attitudes." (This is an abridged version of a couple paragraphs from Charles Swindoll.)

2. "Anger exits for a reason; it can inspire us to define our own truths and to take a new and courageous action on our own belief OR Anger creates tunnel vision that leads to a narrow, rigid view of what is true and whose truth counts."

3. "Our silence does not protect us. We can be silent our whole lives for safety and we will still die. Our invisibility on personal and political maters may help us feel less vulnerable but not, in the long run, less frightened." (Andre Lorde)

4. "We can sit in our corners mute forever, while our sisters and our selves are wasted, while our children are distorted and destroyed, while our earth is poisoned: we can sit in our safe corners mute as bottles and we still will be no less afraid."

My life slogan pick is:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans”. John Lennon

So along those same lines, I have two things I try to keep in mind:

"If not now, when?" part of a quote from Rabbi Hallel. I tend to procrastinate on, well, everything, so it is a reminder to do something now.

And it is not really a quote, but something that has been on my mind...I recently saw a motivational speech by Hill Harper from tv's CSI NY. He challenged the group to take the word "try" out of most of our statements about doing something, since it was a built in excuse to not accomplish anything. This hit home because I have said I will try to finish a lot of things, and just saying try gives me an out. If I say I will do something, I can feel a difference on my own personal commitment to getting it done!

Oh, and one more life slogan from Harry Potter's Dumbledore character:

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

And since I don't have magically abilities, I take it to mean it doesn't matter if you are the smartest, richest person in the world, if you treat others poorly or act like a jerk, that is really all you are!

Tappy