a wagon i made

jujurodgers

So this is a wagon i have had in the works for a couple months (idea in my head for over a year though!...inspired by a very odd looking motel lobby/house on old 66).....I was having a "burn out" moment when I got to the roof....unsure what to do and asked hubby yesterday, for my bday? LOL, if he could make me a copper roof for the wagon! I soooo love it! he pounded the copper and then heated it up and it has the most incredible colors and lucky me they match the colors I painted the wagon!

post-5162-1269109385_thumb.jpgpost-5162-1269109419_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Very original, I like it a lot! It vaguely reminds me of the triple-decker bus from Harry Potter; completely unrealistic in real life, but something that works incredibly well in imagination :lol:

It looks sorta like the Dr Parnassus wagon.

Very nice and whimsical - great job!

I had to look that up! LOL never heard of it...and you are right! i want to see that movie!!! i found a slideshow of them building it....what fun!!!

thank you :lol:

I think it really fires up the imagination thinking of who might use it or live there...and that's half the fun right?

Kat

I definitely agree. I'm imagining a band of gypsies (or otherworldly people) who travel through the countryside. And as they journey through the forest to the next small village down the trail you can just see the copper roof of the wagon through the tops of the trees...