MiniWRIGHT Hillside Victorian

fov

I am looking at a house on Craigslist - I've never seen one like it before. Here are a few pictures. The seller said the brand name is MiniWRIGHT and the house model is Hillside Victorian. I can't find anything about it online. I'd like to see some pictures of the interior and also hear from anyone who has one about the quality of the house.

Thanks!

post-7-1269547059_thumb.jpg

post-7-1269547065_thumb.jpg

I'm torn... It's so unique, but it's also very large, and I really don't *need* it...

The seller is about 40 minutes away from me. I might go look at it tomorrow. They want $150 for it - seems like a good price considering it's not a common house, but on the other hand, a lot of money for an impulse purchase. Decisions, decisions!

Woah - what are you waiting for - its delicious. Its a good price, very different and right on your doorstep. If you miss this one it will haunt you for months. - oh and what has need got to do with dolls houses - do any of us need a doll house?

This is bugging the heck out of me. I have seen your dollhouse before and I just can't remember where. I was looking through my catalogs, but half of them are in my car, so tomorrow I'll pull some of the older ones back inside (where they belong) and go through those. Seems to me I saw it recently too. As soon as I have any info, I'll let you know.

A few months ago, someone put a Willowcrest on Craigslist for maybe $60 and I didn't buy it. I still go nuts thinking about it. Sigh, the one that got away will always haunt you. And it's true we don't need dollhouses but technically we don't need toothbrushes or underwear, they just make us happier, healthier, and a little more well-adjusted. Like dollhouses, right?

In short- GO GET THAT DOLLHOUSE!! :giggle:

I bought it. :giggle: It came with a bunch of windows and doors, as well as paint. The seller also told me where they bought it, so I'm going to contact the store to find out if they know anything more about the manufacturer.

I'll post some pictures in a bit!

Thanks everyone! Here are some better pics of the front and the inside. I posted a bunch more, along with some thoughts about the house, on my blog.

The house came with windows and doors and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't expecting. Turned out to be a really good deal at that price.

I'm still hoping to learn more about this house, so if anyone has ever seen one or knows anything about the company, please let me know!

post-7-1269656869_thumb.jpg

post-7-1269656879_thumb.jpg

I agree that's one spectacular house! Perhaps you can bash your garage kit into a port cochere and attach it so that it will move with the hinged wall for the bathroom. Also, the partition that fits in the "L" groove could be for the pantry. Will you screen that upstairs balcony porch? I think at least a fine lattice with tearoses growing over it, or clematis, would be lovely, and maybe a big potted bouganvilla in that spot at the foot of the outside stairs. You are going to have SO much fun!

I started messing around with furniture, just to get some ideas of what to do with the rooms. I've been focused on half scale for so long, it's a little jarring to have such large furniture -- not to mention so much space! The rooms are very deep and in some cases I'm not sure how to fill them up. I am excited to use the furniture I put away when I got rid of my McKinley, as well as some pieces I've never had a use for (usually because they're too big for the small spaces in the other 1:12 houses I've built). I went to the mini shop today and spent a while looking around... it's very different when you can roam the entire store and don't have to stick to the one aisle of half scale stuff!

Obviously these pictures are just some very rough ideas... I wish I could somehow show you guys a picture of what I'm envisioning in my head...

post-7-1269756281_thumb.jpg

I'm a stickler for dollhouse people having their privacy, so I didn't want either of the rooms on the second floor to be bedrooms (one connects to the front door and the other has a stairway in it...) I think the big room on the second floor will be a combined living room / dining room. It's a little cramped, but actually fills the space better than any of the other rooms so far. The stairs are going to run down the empty wall on the left, and then make a 90 degree turn with a landing. Looking at the instructions, I think the kit was supposed to have come with stairs like this, but it didn't, so I'll make my own. (The ceiling is 12" high and most staircases only accommodate 10".)

post-7-1269756275_thumb.jpg

These cabinets and appliances are from my McKinley. The ones on the right wall are upper cabinets - I need to make lower cabinets to go with them. I'm bummed that there's no way to send the cabinets around the corner, due to the placement of the door and the windows, because this doesn't look as realistic to me. (Then again, this is more or less how my own kitchen is set up, so I guess it's realistic enough...) Seems a little odd that there's a stairway in the kitchen, but oh well. Also, I love this fridge, but I want the appliances to match each other. Can't decide if I should swap out the fridge for a stainless one, or the stove for a white one...

post-7-1269756287_thumb.jpg

Here's the master bedroom - very rough, obviously! (Some of you may recognize that crazy lady in the bed... every time I play around with a new dollhouse her bed gets stuck in there for placement. She must be in a coma, she's been lying in that bed for fifteen years...) I got the white cabinet years ago from Dollshouse.com and never had a place to use it, so I'm excited it'll fit on this wall. I have a Daisy House bed kit that I could do up for this room, painted white, or I might buy some of the white Lee's Line bedroom set. I'm not sure what to do with the front of the room, where the green chair is in the picture. A dresser could go under the window and maybe a bookcase or mirror next to it (between the window and the French door), but I feel like the front of the room needs something in it, otherwise it's a huge waste of space. Thoughts? Maybe a little couch or a chaise lounge?

Here's a better picture of the cabinet:

post-7-1269756293_thumb.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the other rooms but I have some thoughts. The left-hand first floor room will probably be a family room with some comfy chairs and a television. I might even put a bar down there... I have a bunch of alcohol bottles from a bar project I never ended up doing, so it would be well stocked! Upstairs in the attic there will be another bedroom on the right, and possibly a bathroom on the left (with the addition of a wall so there isn't a stairway going up into the bathroom!), or possibly a craft room / playroom. (Haven't decided yet if the bedroom will be a kid's room or not.) The peaked roof makes it a little tough to do anything with those rooms.

I'm also planning to put a deck off the master bedroom, and a garage on the other side. I'm thinking the garage will have a flat roof with a patio table and barbecue, and the deck will have a hot tub and lounge chairs. Hopefully those additions won't mess up the symmetry when you view the house from the front.

I haven't even looked at the paint that came with it. I'm thinking light blue might be nice. But my opinion on that could change...