MiniWRIGHT Hillside Victorian

fov

Perhaps you can bash your garage kit into a port cochere

Holly you are 'Port Cochere" obsessed i tells ya!! :clap: you have to build one onto one of your houses :p :lol:

Emily that house is fantabulous!!! what a deal!!! what a house!!! :rofl:

Linda, one of my maternal grandmother's best friends married "well" and her house had one with a small room over it off the second floor with vertical casements on three sides and bookcases, and whenever I'd get to visit, that was my favorite room! The house was only a couple of blocks from the Cleveland (OH) Museum of Art and THAT was another favorite place I loved to go.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I finally found your house in one of my catalogs, but now that you have it, you probably know more about it than what's in my catalog! :groucho:

You are right - the house is called the Hillside Victorian and it is by Mini Wright. The dimensions on it are 40H x 28W x 20D. 3/8" birch interlocking construction. 3 floors, 8 rooms plus hallway, 3 staircases.

I'll repeat the description I have:

Heirloom quality slant bay home features: authentic detailing, unique second floor, entry with 3" base and side street stairs for hillside effect. Shingled, Queen Anne gabled roof; doublehung window treatment. The suggested floor plan defined by removable partitions includes: lower level maids' quarters, bathroom. hallway, kitchen, and wine cellar/pantry. Main level includes: living and dining rooms (12" ceilings). Third floor: spacious bedrooms.

The house in in the 2nd edition of the Miniatures Catalogs copyright 1979 and the house sold for $450 and came unassembled.

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, but it was actually listed in the townhouse section instead of with the Victorians!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to learn more about the history of this house. Someone who recently purchased on one Craigslist found my blog through Google and we've swapped a few emails. Today she sent me a bunch of pictures and said I could post them. The house is beautifully finished... makes me excited for how mine will look when it's done!

• 5 months later...

Just stumbled upon a weird thing on Google and thought I would post it here for posterity...

http://daddytypes.co...son_auction.php

I was searching for photos of the Elizabeth Anne dollhouse (which have nothing to do with this one) and this picture came back. It is apparently of a dollhouse that went up for auction with some of Michael Jackson's belongings. The dollhouse looks mighty like the Hillside Victorian, but with a porch. It's gotta be its sister the "Country Victorian," which was next to the Hillside Victorian in the catalog page Kelly scanned for me way back when.

Although I have stumbled across a couple of Hillside Victorians since I started mine (someone local to me is actually rehabbing one, too!), this is the first time I've seen the elusive Country Victorian. If Michael Jackson had one these things must have been considered quality. ;)

post-7-0-09871500-1342138495_thumb.jpg post-7-0-91034500-1342138508_thumb.jpg

I'm still trying to learn more about the MiniWright company that made these house kits, if anyone has info!