Getting my throat cut

Deb

Okay..where are they?

*searching...throwing stuff across the room. "nope, those are not it! Oh..there they are!*

There we go...Where is the bus? I found my butt kicking boots and I am ready to go!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it time for your forum family to get in the Greenleaf Bus and come there with our mini tools?

<rolling around on the floor laughing> When I first read that I thought you were going to offer to come do the surgery for me. <cackle> And I'd let you!!!!! Of course, after I thought that it made all the other posts afterwards a lot funnier. I'm still gasping for breath and giggling at the whole Greenleaf gang brandishing tools and dremels and drill bits. I say we should go for it! I'll be back on my feet in no time!

I do know about the level of medical care in rural areas,

Holly, I got a lot better medical care when I lived in the sticks than I do living here in Denver! My old doctor would never, ever have let things go like this. He would have had it fixed up a long time ago..........and I would have happily driven the 120 miles to see him.........if he hadn't retired before this started. I really miss him and the way he cared. I think the biggest problem in the city is that no one has to worry about running into me at the grocery store or post office. They can afford to be irresponsible because I'm nothing but a faceless case to any of them and they genuinely don't give a darn.

Deb

Deb, you could be right about docs in the big city not having to worry about seeing you in the grocery store, etc. The one time I did actually run into one of my mother's doctors in "civvies", she asked why she hadn't seen Mom in a while, and I looked her right in the eye and said "You'd made it pretty clear that you weren't happy with her as a patient, so she no longer IS your patient. Funny you hadn't noticed, isn't it?" Stunned silence....

Frankly, I'd been mauled around by the medical profession all my life in Seattle, until I "lucked" into the fellow I was seeing the last few years before I left Seattle. Where did all that dedication, professionalism and just plain empathy go with all these doctors? The smartest doctor I know right now - given that I don't yet know my newly acquired doc - is my pharmacist. He WAS an internist and I'll bet a darn good one, but dealing with the insurance companies/HMO's/Medicare drove him so crazy he bailed on it all and became a pharmacist instead. How many others of the really great ones has our current system driven away from medical practice. You do have to wonder....

You hang in there, Deb. You've come this far, and we really are all serious about picking up our assorted power tools and taking road trips to Denver....;) My staple gun and power drill are at your command - I've also got some mean gardening tools!

What color embroidery thread would you like us to use on your incision site??

Green and purple would be nice. Those would coordinate well with the bruising. LOL!

Ooo. staple gun! good idea, Mary! I think I'll bring my B&D heat gun, too.

You're just going to use the heat gun for sterlizing the dremels, right? ;) I don't mind the staple gun but let's try to avoid hot glue if at all possible. :p

Deb

I have an assortment of tape ... light green, bright blue, silver and nude ... for butterfly bandages. :p

Nurse, scalpel! Sponge! CLAMP!! ;)

Actually DH's SIL, the OR nurse, says they use super glue to close a lot of incisions these days, so I'll bring a couple of tubes of Loc-tite. I'll also bring my pink nightie with all the little green frogs all over it that you can borrow until the bruising fades.

God bless all you wonderful people!! What a caring and loving family ;)

I'll bring/send the alcohol to sterilise the site and tools, we've got plenty left from the wedding festivities!

We can give some of it to Deb, unless you also bring along a bottle of ether or some other anesthetic; otherwise I'm afraid our efforts might cause her some discomfort...

God bless all you wonderful people!! What a caring and loving family :laughbounce:

I'll bring/send the alcohol to sterilise the site and tools, we've got plenty left from the wedding festivities!

I do not think Green Apple Pucker is good for sterilizing instruments...but it might help the participants! ROFL

hehehehehehehehehe <cackle, snort, snerkle> hehehehehehehehehehehe <gasp> hehehehehe Oh gawd, you guys have made me laugh more than I have in a long time. I think I'd rather let y'all do the surgery than those doctors! After all, they don't have pink nighties with green frogs or duct tape with little froggies on it either. I think you've come up with the perfect recovery ensemble for me and if the dremels and clamps don't do the job, nothing else will. I only have one question...........if I let you guys do the surgery, will I wake up with a Greenleaf tattoo on my butt?

Deb

if I let you guys do the surgery, will I wake up with a Greenleaf tattoo on my butt?

Nonsense. The only place for it would be over your heart. (And besides, we wouldn't have to turn you over.)

...if I let you guys do the surgery, will I wake up with a Greenleaf tattoo on my butt?...
I don't see why not, we're already there, & all...

Nonsense. The only place for it would be over your heart. (And besides, we wouldn't have to turn you over.)
I'd have to pass; if we all got tattoos he'd have a fit if he had to replace my pacemaker because the tattoo needle had damaged it (to say nothing of what it would do to the tattoo needle!).

Does the Greenleaf surgical team have a cosmetic surgeon cos I could do with a paperclay makeover while you have your tools out - just don't make me laugh that's all.

I'd like that Greenleaf tat on my chest please. I was thinking about getting a thyca butterfly to cover the surgery scar but with you guys doing the surgery I might need something a little larger to cover the incision. The Greenleaf logo would be just right!

So we should know an answer tomorrow, right Deb?

Well, I thought so but after sitting here drumming my nails on the desk and waiting for the phone to ring all afternoon, I called and was told that the doctor got my message last week but she's out of the office until Thursday afternoon so I won't hear from her till then. <snarling> Good thing this isn't about something important like my not being able to breathe or anything. <banging head on keyboard> I'm going to take a valium before my blood pressure goes thru the roof and then head back to the studio to finish a really pretty wedgewood blue parlor set. I'm glad I have minis to keep my sanity intact.

Deb

i think that tattoo idea about the butterfly is a good one (wink).

I will be with you in spirit on Thursday when you get your information. Hugs