Getting my throat cut

Deb

:rant: YES!!!! Great news Deb, doing the happ-happ-happy dance there with you (and keeping a few pins safley in their place just because I can LOL for those who needs a reminder to think of their patients first!!!!)

Sending huuuuge hugs your way!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Deb such fantastic wonderful happy news. I will be anxiously awaiting how the surgery went and how you are feeling. I know all will be well. Extra healing prayers being sent your way

Donna

Thanks guys! Wanna know how I can tell that I'm feeling better emotionally? I've been waking up eager to get into the studio again. Methinks that says a lot about my state of mind. Just knowing that something is going to be done about my thyroid renews my hope that maybe a lot of other things will get better too. At least I'm feeling like there's something to look forward to again and that's something.

Deb (heading off to the studio to go stain some woodwork now)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you all updated; I got my official surgery time today. I check into the hospital at 9 on Monday morning and the surgery will be at 11. It'll take about three hours and then another hour or two in recovery. Bruce will call Tracy and she'll let y'all know how it went. I should get to come home on Tuesday evening but I don't know how soon I'll be back online. I'm so excited!! Every time I turn my head I tell the lump, "We are *so* breaking up on Monday!"

Deb

Thank God you are having this surgery, and thank God you are not losing your sense of humor Deb! Best of luck and good wishes for a safe surgery, and that you will be up and bouncing off the walls again very soon!

Hugs,

Wolfie

Did they promise you all the icecream you could eat afterwards?

LOL! Yep! Soft foods (ie: liquids) are the diet for the first week. I went grocery shopping last night and have a fridge full of yogurt, pudding and jello. There's sherbet and mac-n-cheese dinners in the freezer and a 12 pack of ginger ale and lots of pomegranate green tea in the cupboard. I have chapstick (Mt Dew flavored!!) and a refreshing light mint mouth moisturizing spray. I think I'm all set for the first week. Bruce promised to make me cheesy mashed potatoes too. Yum!!

I'm putting together some stuff to make mini flower pots and window boxes and planters that fits on a lap tray to work on if I get sick of watching movies and playing games on TV. I also picked up a couple of books last night--one about Greek mythology and the other is a copy of Farenheit 451 which I haven't read in ages. That should get me thru the first few days.

Wanna know what I'm looking forward to about Monday? Taking a long nap! Seriously, the anesthesia knocks me out so I actually get *good* sleep and the OR and recovery rooms are really cold which is what my body prefers these days. That all adds up to some much needed rest for me and I can't wait to get there and get into bed!

I am going to send you an email in the morning. A nice long one....Something to read while you are waking up

Cool!! That will start my day off nicely! I just put a box in the mail to you this morning dear so you need to watch for your mailman about Tuesday or Wednesday.

Deb

WooHoo,Deb....very happy that your long frustrating journey is nearly at an end!!

Good riddance lump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers to Deb for an uneventful,quick recovery! :D

Will be with you in Spirit on Monday morning!! :)

Would you believe that I'm up, showered, and dressed and it's not even 7am??? And I'm happy about it???? <cackle> Yeah, that never happens! It usually takes a natural disaster or a bomb going off to get me up before 10 and even then I only have one eye open. But this is an exceptional day and I've never been happier to see the sun rise. <throwing arms wide open> Good morning World!

My bag is packed, the cat is fed, and I'm ready to roll. Talk to you all in a few days!

Deb