Newb from Kelowna, BC Canada

Hello everyone,

I'm Sica, I live in Kelowna BC Canada, I'm 22 years old, and I have just started to build my very first dollhouse. Yay for me!!! :unsure:

The christmas of 97' I was given a Garfield Dollhouse kit, I was so totally stoked, I'm sure i begged my dad a bazillion times to build it for me, but he never got around to it. So it sat in a closet (many of closets, as we moved like 6 times) for at least 10 years. My mom 2 months ago reminds me that, "hey you still have that dollhouse you got for christmas when you were a kid", I again, was so stoked. Two weeks later, me and my boyfriend went to my parents, picked it up, and now here I am.

I'm glad i found this forum, look forward to chatting with other enthusiats.

Sincerely,

Sica . . . :lol:

Welcome to the little family, and check the Gallery for some of the other members' Garfields. When you've made five posts you can start an album to share pictures of your build with us.

Thanx for the welcome all. Checked out the gallery a bit, but have had a bit of a busy past few days. I am so glad i found this place, so far i am loving it all. So much to look at, so many beautiful projects. I am just heading out to the Home Hardware down the road to pick up boat loads of paint & stain swatches. Going to keep it a little simple and basic for my first, but it will have lots of love. :lol:

Chat with you all soon.

Sica..... :unsure:

Hello Sica, and welcome to the community! :cheer: The Garfield is such a wonderful dollhouse - I'm curious to know who gave you the kit! Was it something you had asked for, or just a thoughtful gift? I don't have a Garfield, but I do love to see the different ways people build it. :yes:

The Garfield is also my first house. My wife didn't know what she was getting me into. I hope I'm up to the challenge. It seems to take a lot of patience, planning, dry assembly as not all of the pieces are cut very well.

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Sica – so glad you joined us! How nice that you can finally slow down and work on the house your dad bought for you so long ago. We love to share news and ideas on all things miniature! :flowers: