2010 Sturbridge Miniature Festival, Massachusetts

Show on Sunday June 6, 2010

Hi everyone...is anyone going to this show this year? I will be going but may have to go solo since it seems like most of my friends or family who have gone with me in the past are not available this year. Maybe I will see some of you there?

Kate or Amanda, I've never been to one of these - what goes on there? They have workshops, people have selling or display booths? Do they sell mini tools?

Thanx

Which way to Sturbridge...!? :lol: :unsure:

Kate or Amanda, I've never been to one of these - what goes on there? They have workshops, people have selling or display booths? Do they sell mini tools?

Thanx

Which way to Sturbridge...!? :lol: :unsure:

Me neither...I'm just going to see what it's all about... :)

Oh Heidi, that's too bad. But hope to see you maybe next year!

Yes there are two days of workshops before Sunday. You can see the workshops on Molly Cromwell's website listed above. There are plenty of booths, mini furniture, dolls, accessories, lighting, all kinds of things! And yes there are tools. If you have never been to this show, it is a good one. I think it is New England's largest show of the year, please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sturbridge is exit 9 (I think) off the Mass Turnpike. It is about half an hour's drive east of Springfield Massachusetts. There are directions also on Molly's site. Mike, you will go kind of northwest. I always take 146 out of RI to the Pike but that may be a bit long for you.

Check it out! I'm going to take Ginger Langdon-Siegel's Holly Pond Hutch workshop on Friday. I am a huge fan of hers and I'm really excited!

• 1 month later...
Guest Nathaniel

Kate and Amanda, I will see you there!!! Any one else, hope to meet you at the show!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

FYI< for me, this is like the SUPERBOWL OF DOLLHOUSE SHOWS! LOL!!!

I go to a dollhouse show in Dedham, MA twice a year but the Sturbridge show is 2 or 3 times as big as those shows. I always go nuts at this show!

Hope to see some fellow Greenleafers there! :pcwhack:

-Nathaniel

Yes, even though I can't DH as much as I would like anymore, I am still going to this show...I've been planning this for some time now!!! It actually works because I get out of an event that my hubby is taking my little one to... :pcwhack:

Excellent! I am looking foward to seeing you all there. I think I'm going to make a nametag with the Greenleaf vine that we used the last couple years on it. Cheesy, yes, but I'm just starting to NOT CARE what others think as to whether I am a dork or not. :pcwhack:

Yesterday I spent the day taking Ginger Landon Siegel's Holly Pond Hutch workshop and I finished the hutch!! I am going to post a photo in my gallery. It came out AWESOME!! Very labor intensive but I loved making it and Ginger helps out so much by doing a lot of prep work and helping with the construction...

I would highly recommend taking one of her workshops. She is so nice and down-to-earth and really helpful. I also got one of her jewelry pieces...a Victorian House pendant with furnished rooms!! So cool!!

I am really looking forward to the show. See you all there!!

I'm home from the Anne Boelyn class at the Sturbridge show. It was sooo much fun, and Ellen is such a nice person and patient teacher. Like Kate said about Ginger, Ellen did lots of prep work and supplied just about everything we needed. I didn't quite get finished with my Anne Boelyn, but I am really happy with how she is looking so far. I'll post pics as soon as I finish her up.

Undecided at the moment as to whether I want to make the drive back up for the show tomorrow. (Wasn't able to stay overnight.)

If I go, I'll look for the Greenleaf tags!

Serves me right for not keeping up with the miniature news. I live in MA and I completely MISSED this! Ugh!

*kicking myself in the butt right now*

On a side note, pictures please!

Guest Nathaniel

I met someone at the show but her name escapes me. Hello? are you out there??? LOL

btw, i bought the materials to dress those beds and dressed them myself for super cheap! FUN! and I Love how they came out!!

I really like the floral sofa and chair I got, thats one of my favorite finds! :D

Guest Nathaniel

Also, what did everyone think of the show?

Kate, Amanda? anyone else who attended, what did you think?

Im excited that Kate, Amanda, and I were all at the Earth and Tree sale AND Sturbridge! LOL :D

Hi!

I liked the show, it made me itch for a 1/2 scale house though, because most of what I saw was 1/2 scale!!!

SOOO many people though, some were rather pushy...I got there first thing in the am, and left by noon...I missed out on some of the things that I wanted though...and now I'm kicking myself...but I did get some good deals... :D

Hey Nathaniel...I saw you in the back of the room when I first arrived but then not again and I didn't see Amanda either! :D

Bummer! But my friends Bev and Don came from RI and I hadn't seen them in a wicked long time, so that was nice.

I will post my photos and I will check out your stuff!

Oh also I love this show, it seemed more subdued this year, probably due to the economy. I bought less than I usually do, but there were a couple things I couldn't pass up!

Guest Nathaniel
Hi!

I liked the show, it made me itch for a 1/2 scale house though, because most of what I saw was 1/2 scale!!!

SOOO many people though, some were rather pushy...I got there first thing in the am, and left by noon...I missed out on some of the things that I wanted though...and now I'm kicking myself...but I did get some good deals... :popcorn:

Im glad you liked the show, this was ur first wasnt it???

Ya, a ton of people, I had to come back to the same vendor 2 or 3 times before I could even get in to see what they were selling! I started to scoff things up right away this time, some things I went back and looked at 2 or 3 times before purchasing but other things I scoffed up right away! LOL

I was there from about 1030-230 i think, I really like taking my time walking around, and i usually check out each vendor at least 3 times! LOL :woohoo: Its easy to miss stuff! What a huge show though huh?

Hey Nathaniel...I saw you in the back of the room when I first arrived but then not again and I didn't see Amanda either! :D

Bummer! But my friends Bev and Don came from RI and I hadn't seen them in a wicked long time, so that was nice.

I will post my photos and I will check out your stuff!

Oh also I love this show, it seemed more subdued this year, probably due to the economy. I bought less than I usually do, but there were a couple things I couldn't pass up!

LOL, it must be easy to pick me out, considering I was probably the only young guy there! LOL

Cant wait to see photos of your finds!

I too LOVED The show, I didnt really get the feeling that it was subdued. Since I go to the Dedham shows twice a year, which are about 1/5th the size of this show, this show seemed REALLY HUGE to me this year, i mean, I think there were 134 vendors there if you check the map they give you! Thats alot of vendors!!!

Id say I bought a little less - almost the same, than what I usually do, but I really made it count this year and bought some stuff I REALLY treasure!!!

I actually stopped at 2 antique shops on the way home too to look for houses and furniture/miniatures, no luck though! lol

Thanks for sharing your pictures Nathaniel... your bespaq sofa sets look pretty darn sweet!

How many shows are there typically in MA each year? I really need to read up on this stuff (and start saving my pennies for when I do actually attend :D )

How did I miss this thread? It was I Nathaniel who met you at the show. I stopped at Sherri's table a couple of times but she was busy.

Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you, I didn't realize there were others there from the show. I liked looking this year and I usually

go around the whole thing a couple of times. Seems like less people this year at least in the morning. Last year I got annoyed because

it was 3 deep at most tables and I had to pass on stuff because it was just to crowded.

Maybe we should organize a meet and greet at Earth and Tree some weekend.