Weird things people would find...

minifan

O.K., this is not as morbid as it sounds...I got to thinking about that if I died tomorrow and someone had to come clean out my house, what they would find that I wouldn't be there to explain...

1 - a bar of soap in the baby's crib - Dr. Gott says to use a bar of dove soap for restless leg syndrome while you sleep, I have one in my bed, so I put one in the baby's crib to help her too... :blink:

2 - dog treats in the freezer - the in the summer the dog likes his treats cold...(no real explanation other than that...)

3 - a backpack full of brand new clothes in the back of the closet - I hide from my dh and then pull something out to where that I can say isn't new...(well it isn't, it's been sitting in the back of the closet for about a week...)

4 - jeep/car parts inside of beer mugs in the downstairs bathroom...(dh's way of keeping them organized :) ...eh, it's his bathroom, who am I to say what he keeps in it)

What about your house???

um, maybe not too much right now. A few months ago I accidentally cut half the tail off of one of our cats (didn't realize Mammy had it stuck in the hinge edge of a door when I closed it). It was a gruesome accident and I thought our vet might need to know how much got clipped when she took her into surgery the next day, so I put the tail in a ziplock in the freezer. I made my hubby promise that if I died overnight he would take her tail out to the garbage can before friends arrived with casseroles.

My co-worker swears by Ivory soap bar in the bed for leg cramps...haven't tried it yet.

A bar of soap for leg cramps? Who knew!? I needc to remember that next year for the Panhandle Trace Hike...

Right new there are two bicycles (one/s a tandem) next to the Weider weight machine across from the dining area where all my built dollhouses except the Cambridge are living now. There are two Tibetan Buddhist prayer banners hanging between the dining area and the livingroom, and Tibetan Buddhist prayer flags hang from the beams in the livingroom ceiling along with miscellaneous stuffed bats & dragons. There's a small glass vial of black sand from Mt Suribachi next to the US flag that flew from our Panamanian Embassy when DS#1 was stationed there, next to my Barbies & other dolls. Nothing odd.

Two urns with ashes on the sideboard in my living room - one's my mother, and the other is a beloved cat now over twenty years gone. Well, I haven't been able to make it to where Mom would have loved to have her ashes scattered. Someday.....

A recliner that seems to be a magnet for any non-urgent mail, half-finished knitting projects (full-sized) and craft magazines with ideas I'm going to get to someday. It's the most comfortable chair in the place, and don't ask me how it came to be the favorite repository of whatever I'm "thinking about" before I put away.

A window screen sitting in front of the bookshelf instead of in the living room window. Cat was driving me crazy one night with endlessly wanting to go out and come back in five minutes later - he loves to be out there, but he's a fraidy cat, too.

We are getting ready to put our house on the market - so I have been really cleaning - safe here. However, when my beloved Granmda passed (shield your eyes if you get affended easily) we found a 'peter meter'. I was a wooden ruler...and it was marked. Ewwww

I cant think of anything terribly odd in my house but i do have dog treats in the freezer too although they dont look like dog treats and would hate to see someone tase them. They are home made ones with oats, egg, peanut butter and a can of beef barely soup, oil, dog vitamins and a bit of flour in them. They may look like oat peanut butter squares if someone was looking at them but probably taste yucky if anyone other than the dog ate them.

My dog is very under weight at the moment so i make high fat treats for him but have to keep them in the freezer due to the raw ingredients

A large pile of banana peels in the freezer, plus some baggies filled with bits of inedible this and that. It takes me a coupla weeks to fill up a trash bag, so all the future-smelly stuff goes into the freezer until trash day. They might wonder about the big plastic tub of (future mosaic) egg shells, too.

A bar of soap for leg cramps? Who knew!? I needc to remember that next year for the Panhandle Trace Hike...

Oh yes...Dr. Gott, (I don't know who he is, but he write articles for our local newspaper...) SWEARS by Dove (has to be Dove) soap for restless leg syndrome...we put a fresh bar at the foot of the bed, under the sheets...if it's more mental than physical, it works!!! :D

I have been thinking about this for a couple days now and I cannot think of anything. Maybe what would be weird to other people is just fine by me. Nope. not a single solitary thing..LOL

We are getting ready to put our house on the market - so I have been really cleaning - safe here. However, when my beloved Granmda passed (shield your eyes if you get affended easily) we found a 'peter meter'. I was a wooden ruler...and it was marked. Ewwww

Your Grandma must have been hilarious! Too funny, and yes....ewwww! :D

QUOTE (alpangle @ May 16 2010, 05:17 AM) *

Your Grandma must have been hilarious! Too funny, and yes....ewwww! giggle.gif

Hahahahahahahaha!!! That's hilarious!

I'm glad I won't be here to see the astonished faces as they hold up something and "what's this? or what's that? " and of course the proverbial, "what was she thinking when she got this or saved that ?"

I just know the kids and grands will hire a giant dumpster and give the studio and sewing room the old heave ho as soon as they get back from the funeral.

While I accumulate weird stuff, I tend to lump and label it. Having the awesome pleasure of cleaning up my grandmothers home in 1986 after her fire, as well as my husbands grandparents home when they moved to assisted living, then after their deaths..also my mothers home after she passed in 98, and then my husbands uncle in FL, who turned up gay (who knew, not me) ....well....I have seen it all, and it surely beats the peter meter...by far......I find I now clean out, clean up and label things. An example might be like this one, (on a box of monogrammed glassware)"This box contains glassware found in the home of George and Dorothea Bond, Kingston RI, upon their move to assisted living, it is given to and belongs to (sons name) It was used by them during the 1940-1960's. then the date"

Is that crazy or what.......I need to do more miniatures..................lol

Dawn, I hope the people who come after you appreciate the work you've done for them!

I've made a list of items with photos, but that's as far as I've gotten.

No one would actually find anything strange or odd after I've gone, but they will find enough miniature stuff to open a store, which will surely shock my husband since it's all put away so well he has no idea. So he has to go first. (Plus, he'll never make it without me....)

I too have a bar of Ivory soap under the bottom sheet of my bed. No more restless legs for me! It does work.

I'm not sure if this is classed as weird, but my fashion doll collection. I don't really know what would happen to it if I went. Hubby would be stuck as he wouldn't know what was valuable. I like to think he'd get in touch with one of my dolly friends to give him a hand.

which will surely shock my husband since it's all put away so well he has no idea. So he has to go first. (Plus, he'll never make it without me....)

THIS IS CLASSIC!!! (this, by the way, is also me!!! :lol:) I LOVE IT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. My husband would not be able to function without me. Or at least function in cleanliness.

But as for weird things well, I don't think it's weird but all my books (I never get rid of books, I always re read them) there must be more then 1000 books. Then there would be my collection of rocks from other countries. Every time I visit or my parents visit another country they bring me a piece of that country. I have a pretty good collection so far.

My husbands aunt has so far found at at least 5000 golf balls. And no that is no typo I meant to type 5000. Mike could never find his golf balls and always went out and bought a new bag whenever he went golfing (which was often) so all the golf balls he could never find his wife is now finding them.

I right now have 6 metal coat hangers that have been stretched out and have wooden stair case railing hanging from them. My husband is a house painter and they belong to a customer, but we also have 2 full size window screens leaning up against the wall that belong to the same customer and have been in our house for more than a year now. I too have cloths stuff in bags in the back of the closet along with a lot of books stuff everywhere. There are also bath towels on the windows. For some reason my husband doesn't like curtains or shades (god knows why), but will put up one of my towels to block the sun or the view to the neighbors yard. The dogs bark at the neighbor all the time.

:buddies: Oh my gosh, I hope I don't wake up from my anesthesia tomorrow, announcing in wonder that "Audra's Grandma had a peter meter". You know how weird you are when you are under anesthesia! :giggle:

:buddies: Oh my gosh, I hope I don't wake up from my anesthesia tomorrow, announcing in wonder that "Audra's Grandma had a peter meter". You know how weird you are when you are under anesthesia! :giggle:

That would be funny! Makes me smile every time I think of it. Miss that ole gal!