6/21/06 What's Your Favorite Room?

I have two real houses and many dollhouses. I don't have a favorite room in ANY dollhouse that I've built, but in the country house the main bathroom is my favorite, and in the city house the dining room is my favorite.

I somehow can't seem to post just "one" picture of anything, so here are two pictures of that bathroom. Those pictures don't show the accessories that are now in the bathroom, pix on the walls, etc. I'll try and update that this weekend.

post-6-1150980334_thumb.jpgpost-6-1150980354_thumb.jpg

The dining room will be re-done after the workshop is complete, and I'll post pix of that then.

My favorite room is my front room. I love the fireplace.

Oh my Gosh Tracy!! Is that your living room??? It's Gorgeous! I'm so envious - so when can you come out to Calif and redecorate my house for me? lol :p

My favorite room is my bedroom - no pictures though cause right now I'm stacking boxes in there while I sort stuff :) I don't know why bedrooms are my favorite rooms. I guess probably because they're private and even if a person feels they have to have a "normal" living room they can go nuts decorating the bedroom. 3 walls are painted a kind of wet sand color and one wall (where the head of the bed is) and the ceiling are a coffee bean brown. I was lucky enough to pick up a Eastlake bedframe (unfortunately it's not modern standard size) but was still able to use the headboard and footboard. Got a Cheetah tapestry hanging over teh bed and a couple of old dressers, one vicotorian age and the other from around the 20's. Under my window is an oak tea cart that holds some of my plants and opposite the bed is a fake fireplace.. wish it was real! and an Eastlake overmantle on top of it. All the trim is painted metalic gold. Yea it's wild but hey like I said a person can have fun decorating a bedroom and who's gonna see it but me? :(

-David

Hi There David. You are sweet! I love to decorate and I repaint and decorate the house often. :lol: Yeap I am a bit crazy like that.

I loved my living room more when it was painted green though. I had to neutralize all wall colors because we are trying to sell our Condo now. I sure do miss the colors though. Vanila walls don't move me too much :)

As regards your room David, I Love the sand colored walls you described. You can always change comforters and window coverings to any color and give the etire room a new look. My bedroom has modern furniture but the other things make it not so modern :p

I love to look a house mags and Wende, I LOVE your throw on your bed and I love your wood floors too. Linda already knows how much I LOVE her bathrooms (She has a black and white one too) :(

Here are some pictures of the other rooms of my house.

David, I would LOVE an excuss to come to California!! When??? When??

:lol:

Tracy,

When when when?? When can you make it ? :lol: I don't have any plans to go anywhere till October and then I'm hoping to go to the Good Sam Miniature show in San Jose. And your house is beautiful! How do keep such cleared counters? Sometimes I think I'm the worst house keeper in the world - thank goodness for the show Clean Sweep - reminds me that I'm NOT the worlds worst heheh :p I am however a messie. My cousin says there are 2 kinds of people - cleanies and messies.. then there are subcatagories - I'm a cutterer messie. If there's an empty space on any flat surface I'll put something there :lol: I am SO trying to break that habbit :) And of course Linda knows that I'm awe of her maiden house :( And how rude of me not to mention Calamari - Calamari I love your bedroom - what a difference in those photos! I think I need lessons in feng shui :lol:

-David

Holly,

We must have been posting at the same time cause I totally missed your pub - It looks wonderful!! I love the cieling beams and plaster walls - Awesome job and the bar looks great! I keep wanting to try one one day. When I get a Harrison that's what it will become an old tyme pub and inn :) .

-David

How do keep such cleared counters?

The pictures were taken because the Realtor needed pictures to post online to draw buyers. So the house was already clean :p sorry to confuse you there LOL. They are supposed to let me know 24hr ahead of time if they need to show the property (3 kids and a miniaturist explains why to us as mini folk but NOT to a realtor :( ).

I am so PO'd right at this moment!!

Even I explained this to my realtor, I just had someone come through my door unannounced (We have the stupid lock box on the door handle). I did not want to add this because people barged in on me in Chicago when we had one and now I just had the same thing happen here! :) The house is a mess because I have wood EVERYWHERE!! I am trying to finish the building of the lily so that I will only have to clay it later.

The kids have not cleaned there rooms in 3 days cause I gave them a break (Since no one called to schedule a viewing). I am just upset because THAT could have been my buyer and I was not prepared :( . It's too stressful trying to keep things clean in a house ya live in :lol: Normally, you can't see the fridge because the island is piled with dollhouse stuff :p

That's why I can't wiat top sell even though we'll be in an apartment till our house is built.

I asked which is everyones favorite room because I am wondering if the majority of us will end up liking the same rooms of our house :lol:

So David, I am ready Now Now NOW :D any excuss to get away from here :lol: (and the constant cleaning )

Cool!! Dinner is at David's house! Don't worry sweetie, we'll bring the food. I'll make chicken parmesian. :)

My favorite room? I think I have a thing for parlors. My living room is more of a parlor than anything else. We spend our living time in the family room downstairs, so the living room is my feminine getaway. It's where I entertain my friends and when Bruce's business partners are over, the wives all tend to congregate in the living room too. When I need quiet, soothing time, it's where I go and lay on the love seat and look out the window. The window is level with the top of a tree (it's on the second floor) so it's like being up in the tree without having to climb.

My second favorite big room is the den where all the oriental pieces have collected.

And my favorite little room is the music room in the Pierce.

Deb

Favorite room in the house is the lounge 'cause that’s where I spend time with baby :p , (note the mess) and favorite room in the little house would have to be the stairwell. Which incidentally is baby’s hiding place for anything she treasures and doesn’t want us to find. :) (Not finished don't forget so a bit bare.)

Glen

post-265-1151077153_thumb.jpg

post-265-1151077271_thumb.jpg

David, now ya gotta tell us WHEN we can come. I want some of Deb's chicken parmesian :lol:

Woohoo! Deb's gonna cook :D Yumm heheh -

Hey if ya'll are serious about this then I'll leave it up to you three (or who ever else want's to come to Calif) to see when you can make it. Because we're near the coast hotels do fill up for hollidays of course if I bunk in my sons room that means there's one double bed and the living room can accomodate quite a few sleeping bags :p

Susanne! Oh Man!! That painting behind your dollhouse is Awesome!!! and Woot! You've got a 15th cent clock too - mine's a reproduction with rocks instead of a brass weight and the pendulum is a swing arm above the clock - I've always been fascinated with clocks my living room is full of them :p Man I gotta tell you the photos of your place make me nostaglic - reminds me a lot of my best friends house when I was a kid - I loved that place it was so peaceful and warm :( I spent the happiest days of my childhood in that house. It just felt like a home should feel :lol: Love your ships too!

And of course Deb already knows I like her place :(

So Glen - who's the piano player? (and with that I'm completely off topic again and will shut up :) :lol:

-David

My favourite room in our house is my living room - I love rich colours

-Susanne

Wow! I love your living room too Susanne! What is that picture behind the Beacon Hill?

Cool!! Dinner is at David's house! Don't worry sweetie, we'll bring the food. I'll make chicken parmesian. :D

I'll make potato salad.

My favorite room? I think I have a thing for parlors. My living room is more of a parlor than anything else.

Deb

I like your living room too! I never thought about putting dollhouses on the coffee table! That would eliminate all the junk that gets piled on it! Can't do that in Maiden though. The little babies would remove it for me...

Being the nosy kind of person I am, I'm loving seeing pictures of everyone's favourite rooms.

David, Ray and I have quite a few clocks too. We love pendulums and chimes. The tick tocks and chimes are soothing to me.

The painting behind the dollhouse is a photo done by the painter - Gary Waggoner in 1977. He painted a picture of a house that he saw, but changed the siding to wood (the original house was done in brick).

I believe that creativity goes beyond artistic mediums and is a huge part of a person's life: how they decorate, dress, and even how they act. My dad sees the world through eyes that occasionally I'll catch only a glimpse...or a flicker ... and then it's gone.

-Susanne