6/21/06 What's Your Favorite Room?

I updated pix of my favorite room, showing the stuff that's in there now. I'll start with what you see when you walk in the room, and then circle around to the right. It's a tiny little room, so it's hard to get pix of it.

This is what you see when you walk in the room, and a picture of the shelf.

post-6-1151116279_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151116249_thumb.jpg

This is the little vanity that Jimmy put in, and he did the tile work too. He put an oval mirror that tilts in, and it is VERY hard to photograph because it has no frame, so it's all mirror, and the hand towel rack.

post-6-1151116101_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151116347_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151116055_thumb.jpg

On the other wall, across from the vanity, is just a towel rack, and some pictures.

post-6-1151116002_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151116201_thumb.jpgpost-6-1151116151_thumb.jpg

Being the nosy kind of person I am, I'm loving seeing pictures of everyone's favourite rooms.

Oh, me too!!! It's one of my favorite things and I'm having a ball looking at all these cool pictures of everyone's houses. Keep 'em coming!

<giggling> I have to admit to something. Promise you won't tell anyone? (as I tell my secret to over 700 people reading this)

When we're driving somewhere at night and go thru a residential area, I look for houses with the drapes open and the lights on so I can see inside them. I make Bruce slow down so I can see. It's not a vouyerism kind of thing (altho I've seen a few things that made me holler "Don't look Ethel!!") I just really like to see how other people decorate their houses.

Oh, this is another side note <see Deb go chasing off on all kinds of random directions in this thread> but if anyone wants the recipe for chicken parmesian, I'll be happy to post it. It's my own invention and I have to admit, it's really good and so easy that you don't have to be a cook to make it. I shared it with a bachelor who never cooked, but wanted to make a special dinner on the night he proposed to his girlfriend. She said yes.

Deb

All of your homes are so lovely. Everything looks so comfortable and welcoming to visitors.

Deb, I do the same thing. I love to look in peoples windows when I drive by.Most of the time its fun, but once I saw a VERY heavy(300 + lbs.) man in bikini underwear walking around and I almost wrecked the car! That put me off window peeking for a while!

terri.

Deb -

Yes, please I'd love the recipe!!

You're not alone with your fascination for looking at how other people decorate.

I'm always very interested in wallpapers, paint colours, shelving, curtains, draperies, blinds .... must tie in with miniature decorating.

Linda -

Love the toile wallpaper. I have the same wallpaper in green in a guest bedroom!!

Sometime I'll have to post photos of our bathroom .... I have navy blue walls with the white fixtures. Then I accessorized with lots of bright yellow.

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time with Ray .... in another thread I've posted that my dad's suffered a very serious head injury and am spending my days away from home at the hospital. Very hard ... very tiring.

-Susanne

I love to look in peoples windows when I drive by.Most of the time its fun, but once I saw a VERY heavy(300 + lbs.) man in bikini underwear walking around and I almost wrecked the car! That put me off window peeking for a while!

terri.

<cackle> That would put you off window peaking and your dinner for a long time!! You might even need therapy for awhile after that. :D

Susanne, I'll post the chicken parmesian recipe in the chit chat forum. Maybe we can get a thread going and share our favorites. (I think we've done that before, but there's always room for a few more good recipes)

Deb

well no dollhouse resides in my favorite room...but give me time afterall he did just put it up for me!

post-9-1151889360_thumb.jpg

my new favorite room!

I will take photos inside when he gets the opening in the fence to go from pool to Gazeebo

no fancy yard chairs we had to go dig up all we had to celebrate its rising!

my gran just loved it!

nutti :rolleyes:

oh and I do TOOO! :blink:

I can almost taste the lemonade.

well last night after everyone was gone and asleep

DH and I enjoyed a couple of wine coolers and listed to the drunk neighbors have a ball with their fireworks.

with the privacy fence we cant see them but we could hear them. They was partying!

rofl. we were glad all of ours was gone or in bed! it was very relaxing! and no bugs!

nutti :(