Hello from South Texas!

My name is Veronica. I'm 37 years old and work as a telephone operator in a hospital in South Texas. I've always wanted a dollhouse and I finally decided to build my own. I still haven't decided on which kit to buy yet. I'm undecided between the Arthur, Buttercup, Coventry Cottage or Orchid. I have no idea where to start, but I'll be reading up on all the good info you guys have been posting and hope to get an idea somewhere.

...I'm undecided between the Arthur, Buttercup, Coventry Cottage or Orchid. I have no idea where to start, but I'll be reading up on all the good info you guys have been posting and hope to get an idea somewhere.
Welcome to the little family, Veronica. If it will help you, the Building Team has built and blogged some of the kits for you, including the Arthur, the Coventry Cottage, and the Orchid; for the Orchid we had a build-off between the Team and some of the rest of the Community. There was als a plastic version of the Orchid we called the White Orchid that mini of us built, and it has its own Gallery. There are a lot of other really nice kits, if you click on the GL logo at the top left corner it'll take you to the Home Page where you can click on the company store to see all the house kits & accessories available.

Use the "Search" feature to help find things. Also, ask all the questions you want. Some of us have built a couple of kits and we'll all be happy to help a fellow-builder.

Hello, Veronica, and welcome! In addition to what Holly said, you might focus on the new laser-cut kits by Greenleaf. They are less work to put together -- not as much sanding, etc., as they have cleaner edges -- and might be an easier/ happier first experience for you. :yes:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and helpful links. I finally decided and ordered the Orchid from Amazon. The total was $31.35 but I had a gift card from doing online surveys so my total came out to $11.05 :lol: Now I must do some research and get some supplies and wait for hubby to get back from his trip.

Hi Veronica and welcome to the forum!! I predict that you will own ALL of your

favourites before long..all of them great choices!! I have an Orchid waiting patiently

in a cornor waiting to be built..along with my Buttercup,Aster-well you get the

picture! Ha! Again, Welcome!! :blink:

Hello Veronica - welcome to Greenleaf! Whichever kit you choose (and I like all your choices), you will have a great time building it. :blink: It's just deciding which one to pick ... first! :sleep_1:

Thanks for another round of welcoming. I got my Orchid Dollhouse in the mail this past weekend. Now, I'm gonna gather materials that I'll need to get started and I'll need to check to see if the dollhouse is complete.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Veronica! Welcome. I also chose the Orchid as my first house. I started mine almost a year ago, we are about half way done. LOL I have just been so undecided on what I wanted to do next with her. I made mine into a fairy home named DargonFly Manor. There are so many wonderful ideas on this forum I just can't decide what I want to do. I now have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to have MANY houses to do all the ideas I have in my little head! LOL

Where in South Texas do you live may I ask? I am in the Houston Metro area. I'm looking for other fellow mini people near me to either join or start a group/club with.

Welcome to your new addiction......errr...I mean hobby!

• 1 month later...