1/2 scale shingle help?

minifan

O.K. so I purchased the Buttercup in 1/2 scale (on a total impulse moment!!!)...now I forgot to add the shingles, so I'm shopping for shingles right now...PLEASE HELP!!!

The kit information says it needs 3 bags of shingles, the shingles that I want, (laser cut speedy strips hex shaped)...say there are 408 shingles...

The way that I read this is 408 shingles for 8.95, and I need three sets of these...so I need 1224 shingles...costing $26.85???

SERIOUSLY...a half scale Buttercup needs 1,224 shingles??? I'M FREAKING OUT....

O.K.!!! Thanks!!! I'll have to call GL on Monday to see if they can add it to my order...

There is interior window trim included right? I don't know why, but I started to worry about that... :lol:

There looks to be interior trim for everything except the bay. I'm working on the trim now so I may yet find some, I just don't see it listed on the schematics. I'm about to shingle my house now, if you want I can give you a final count when I am done.

The 1:12 Buttercup doesn't have interior trim for the door or the arched window, so for the subsequent Bettercups I built I traced around those trims onto heavy card. I was really hoping that the 1:24 kit came with interior trim for those areas.

The 1:12 Buttercup doesn't have interior trim for the door or the arched window, so for the subsequent Bettercups I built I traced around those trims onto heavy card. I was really hoping that the 1:24 kit came with interior trim for those areas.

I just checked and you are correct, there is no interior trim for the door or that transom-like window. In addition, there is only interior trim for two of the thin curved windows, rather than enough for all four.

If you're going to call them anyway, you might ask how the bags of shingle recommendation relates to their shingle strips (and if when they say 3 bags, they really do mean three packages of shingle strips). I was wondering about that myself. The 1/2" Rosedale says it needs three bags and that seems high when you look at the size of the roof being shingled.

When I ordered my Buttercup, I bought three packs of the speed shingles and whatever the recommended amount of siding was. Two packs will be more than enough, I'm using the extras on my Victorianna. I didn't use the siding, so some of that was used on the other house as well with lots left over. I have 2/3rds of the roof done on the Buttercup and am fairly certain that I will be close to the estimate I made above.

I don't mind, I can always use extra siding and shingles.