It`s raining, It`s pouring!

heidiiiii

It is quarter to 8am, and it is torrentially downpouring right now. It woke me up!! :D

Here in the northeast we are in for rain, rain, rain all week long! Going to have to keep an eye on the sump pump. We usually never have a problem (only after spring frost) but they cannot say we are having a drought!! That`s for sure!

My plants will be happy! :lol:

Here in Southwestern Pa it stopped raining last night after 2 straight days. I love rain but hubby and the kids like the dry warm weather so they can be outside. The kids are itching to go to grandma's and go swimming (ever since she put the pool up they have been over there everyday :lol: ). The weather said today is going to be cool but no rain but there's a possibly tomorrow again. But hey I'll get a break since grandma called and said she'll take both kids for next couple of days :D . I can relax and work on my house without hearing 'MOM, Chris and/or Amber did this!!!' :lol: :lol: . But you got to love them :D .

Annette :lol:

:D Braggers!!! I WISH it was raining here. The temp is only susposed to be 110 all weekend. Needless to say I am not going to get much done other than sit my chunky butt under the air conditioner or float in the pool.

Raining...You are soooooooooooooooooooo lucky!

Send some of that rain this way. It is 3;30 pm and it has cooled down to 111, from 112. It is expected to get to 115 tomorrow. I am piddling with the Westville some today. Not doing to much as the heat seems to be affecting my breathing today, even though I am inside.

Melissa

We had some of that rain too Heidi, on Friday. Thunder, lightening, pouring down rain! The lightening was very close to the ground too! Kinda scary. I lit the candles and ate my bowl of soup by candlelight, LOL!

Yesterday it didn't rain, but we had 70-80% humidity, and my chest was hurting every time I would go outside. Today though they are calling for very heavy thunderstorms with flash flood watches. This weather was supposed to originally continue for a week but they have now whittled it down to 3 days.

You can have the rain!!!! :lol:

Today we took Chelsea to Wesleyan for summer art school. We were one of the lucky ones to have registered early and gotten all her stuff out of the car and into her dorm room.

We even left the umbrellas in the car!

What a stupid mistake! :D

We decided to go take her to lunch before it was time to go. Fred went to get the car and chels and I stood under a pine tree (there was no where else to go at that point) and we were drenched from head to toe!!

Think of a wet cat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That wet! Miserable.

It was a lil hairy coming home on the highway too. Had to slow to 40mph cause the wipers couldnt keep up!

But it is in the upper 70s and a nice breeze. Fred is napping on the couch, I talked to Nat thru IM (she is at Nana`s for the summer) and I am about to make breakfast for dinner!

Please. Please. Please. send rain. It is 4:00pm and 116 degrees outside. I am shrivling up. I am afraid to work on mini's, the heat may cook them. Hmm at what temperature will glue melt? plastic windows melt? wood? paint? lol

A better question is at what temperature will wood spontaniously burst into flames?

Melissa

Yikes Melissa! We haven't gotten that hot yet here! We had 105 with 40% humidity though.

I'll try to send rain scurrying your way! I need a little bit of it first though.

Here in the northeast we are in for rain, rain, rain all week long!

PLEASE send us some! We went to White Springs to paddle the Suwanee and the 8+ mile section we did get to paddle Saturday was so low DH had to get out of the kayak four times to push us over sandbars. We had about 21 boats (two canoes & the rest kayaks) and we stopped about three times to jump into the river where it was waist-deep or deeper to get wet & cool off, but for the most part it was HOT.

Sunday's paddle was cancelled (no one told us, we found out when only one other paddler showed up) and when we checked the put-in and take-out spots we saw why; the water was barely ankle-deep! Coming home from I-10 as we went over the Ochlockonee River I saw one large puddle where the bridge crossed over, but upstream was dry, dry, dry. There was so little current Saturday we paddled our butts off!

We had a wee spritz of rain Saturday night & yesterday & today it's cloudy, but no precip a-tall!

Mel, crank up that dehumidifier! Heat + humidity = mold!

Annette, I pretty sick of the rain too! Now all these flood warnings. I live on the top if a hill, so I'm not to worried about flooding, but we have gotten water in at times. Remember Ivan? I had 3 inches in the basement, coming in through the foundation blocks. Looks like we're in for more rain until the week-end.When will it end?

terri

I live in Va. and we have had flash flood warnings all day yesterday and last night and this morning. last week the heat was so unbearable that it was hard to breathe--it weakens me considerably since I am so prone to migraines. The rain is good for the garden and my flowers, but it is really a pain in the patootie as far as getting anything done.. especially with the flash flood warnings so close. We live in what is referred to as flat land, just hope we don't loose our electricity. What was so strange yesterday is all of a sudden it would be clear and then five feet away it would pour rain! :o was really weird.

We have had alot of heat here last week--I did not go out at all! It was so hot that I would go to the grocery store or run errands EARLY in the morning before heat took over. :D I had some Bond 527 glue dry up in that heat, so I transported glues into a cooler place to be on the safe side.

Well the sun is out but the news just said they have a hurricane plane going in to check out this weather front that is headed our way today.

Me dont like thunderstorms! :D

Me dont like being alone durning thunderstorms! :o :)

Where the heck is the bacardi?

It still was raining in Pennsylvania today. (not raining at the moment). I work in downtown Easton which is located by the Delaware River. I heard it is under flood watch. There were 2 floods in the last several years that did alot of damage in this area. I only hope that the rain lets up for awhile here so we don't have flood #3.

I'm singin' in the rain! At least this afternoon I was, Thank you so much whoever shared their surplus, hopefully what we got will keep some of you from having floods.

I was shocked to see the pictures of DC on this AM's news, anyone riding the Metro will need scuba gear!

Here in southwest PA it finally stopped raining late this afternoon, but now their saying another system is coming from the west. So now we have the chance of rain the rest of the week and into the weekend.

I like rain but this is a bit much :D :o :) B)

We've had both rain and sun today. On one side of the parking lot, there would be sun, and the other side would be raining ... it hasn't rained since 2p though.

Gimme a H

Gimme a U

Gimme a M

Gimme a I

Gimme a D

Whats that spell?

HUMID

Whats that spell?

HUMID

HUMID HUMID HUUUUMMMMIIIIIIDDDDDD

I woke up at 5am drenched in sweat!

Yucky! That thing that was almost a tropical depression is here today. (note to self: take flag and patio umbrella down)

It is 6:30am, almost 80, humid, with a steady, warm breeze.

I guess I will have time to do that HOM desk kit today. Going to be holed up in house cause of steady downpours!! :D :o :)

Where I work was closed today because of the flooding. The water on the Delaware is normally at 22'. They expect it to crest this evening at 38'. I work at a tourist attraction that had to turn away visitors who traveled far only to find out the city was closing the streets. This is the second time this had happened to me. I agree rain is fine but I cry UNCLE.

I heard that things arent any better in Maryland and DC.

It finally cooled off a little today. This weather stinks. Mosquito heaven. West Nile nightmare!

Lord in heaven...Please spare the northeast and surrounding states (including MINE) from the deluge of rain just long enough for the ground to catch up.

In those days Lord could you please send that rain to the parched states to my west and south. Their plants could really use a natural drink of water.

Nat wants to come home. She is so bored I think she is ready to start doing housework..hahahaha

She is in Rhode Island and they are getting hammered like us. She is stuck in apartment all day with just Nana. They are supposed to go to Newport on Saturday. But she is bored and homesick. I dont blame her. She has never been away for extended period of time. Plus the weather stinks!