Steam Punk

havanaholly

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working on a Steampunk house. It's called the Clockwork Cottage. It even has a working dumbwaiter, a steampunk icebox and a steam operated capuccino machine, among other things. Right now it is on hold while I am working on Tessie's townhouse, but I will be back to it one of these days....It is all on my blog. If you want to see, just go to "Clockwork Cottage" under categories.

Roxy, Steampunk is a term for Techno-Victorian. There are a huge number of people that are into this. They even have conventions. The easy way to explain it is...Imagine living in the Victorian era and having to power everything by the technology that they had back then. Then make new things like computers and other electronic things look like they would have back in that era if they had been built then. Here are a couple of sites to get you started. http://thesteampunkhome.blogspot.com/ This one is excellent if you want a Steampunk house. This site has a lot of information. Jake Is probably one of the better known Steampunkers. He has even reworked a school bus into a Steampunk RV! It is really neat. I would love to have it in mini. http://www.steampunkworkshop.com/

When I saw Jane's site I immediately thought about your Glencroft, Casey! Roxy, I think "steam punk" was associated with the latest "Time Machine" movie, but the concept's been around since the first "Frankenstein" movies, etc.

Ok I never heard the term before but I have always loved Time machine era stuff like that. Funny I had no idea what it was called but I like the look of it. You always learn something in here!

I've never heard of it either...but I like what I've seen today! What a perfect site

Greenleaf is..learn something new and useful everyday!! ;)

Ok I never heard the term before but I have always loved Time machine era stuff like that. Funny I had no idea what it was called but I like the look of it. You always learn something in here!

I'm glad you asked what steampunk was. I may be the oldest member here and never heard of it. ;) I was going to ask too. I mean older in age, not membership.

Considering my love of costuming and making my own clothes, I've always wanted to make a steam punk gown. I just wouldn't have a place to wear it! ;) But, I'm sure I'll get around to making one someday.

What awesome links! I'm a big fan of steampunk. Casey, I stumbled across your coffee maker the other day... it's stunning. Once I'm fully conscious (dog sitting is hard work), I'm going to pour over your Clockwork Cottage pictures. I'm trying to enlist the help of my employer... he is a sometimes clock maker and blacksmith, as well as a computer wiz (making them, not using them). He owes me ;)

I'm a closet steam-punker and when I saw the site I had to share!

LOL, after having seen the term steam punk a few times I have been intrigued by just the word itself LOL and then seeing this I am sooooo with you Holly, LOVE this so add me to a steam-punker wannabee...

Hugs and thanks for sharing

I'm a huge fan of steampunk, especially jewelry. I think I'd give my left arm for one of those cool Victorian keyboards too. I've been considering joining the mini-steampunk movement and make a couple of steampunk beds and a quarter scale steampunk house. The biggest allure to that is searching junk stores for components. LOL! That's my idea of a perfect day!

Holly thanks for sharing that link with us. It's awesome! And Casey, thank you for sharing so much information. I've bookmarked links for future reference.

Have you all seen the latest doll by Jodi and Richard Creager? I fell in love with their steampunk witch. There are more pictures of her on their blog. http://creagerstudios.blogspot.com/

post-329-1275246734_thumb.jpg

Deb

Deb, I saw this and if I had 3K I would have bought it!

Now I'm so inspired to do my own ;)

You and me both Monica!! I was wishing I could find a few grand just laying around because I totally fell in love with her. I've been seeing some cool steampunk witch hats around on Etsy lately and really like them, but this doll just blew me away.

Deb