How do I install sheet hardwood flooring from Hobby Lobby?

mygrommi

I want to install the sheet hardwood flooring from Hobby Lobby. It has a sticky back and peel-off paper. I plan to attach the flooring to mat board and then tape the mat board into my dollhouse floor with double stick tape for easy removal if needed.

Is there a trick to sticking the flooring on to the mat board? Is the sticky back sufficient or should I use additional glue and if so, what kind of glue?

I have a huge dollhouse and lots of rooms and want to use this flooring in most of the rooms so I have to get this right.

Does it matter in which direction the flooring in installed? Is it better from front to back as you look into the house or from side to side?

Thanks.

Renea

I used tacky glue with Greenleaf's self-adhesive vinyl flooring, as recommended, and I've also used it with the iron-on wood veneer that I'vve cut into strips for floorboards (and ironed it afterwards).

Thanks for your reply. There are no instructions with the Hobby Lobby wood flooring sheets. You would think they would at least give some simple instructions.

Tacky glue sounds like a good one to use. I was just afraid the stick backing might not be enough.

Renea

I've used the flooring several times. I never even peel the back off, just apply tacky glue and set it down. All the projects I've applied it to - it is still there after a couple years and sticking down just like the day I put it there. Good luck..it's a great product! :laughbounce:

is it the Mayberry Street flooring? I have used those alot, but never had any sticky backs....there is a paper backing to hold them together....at least the ones that I have used. I cut with saw or knife to fit my template and use double sided stick tape. Works GREAT!

Yes, it is the Mayberry brand. I have not opened the package and I just assumed the paper backing was sticky back. Thank you for letting me know it is not sticky back paper.

So I can just cut to fit my mat board template and stick down with double stick tape - wonderful.

Thanks again.

Renea