More eye surgery

Starfire

I went to see my eye surgeon today expecting to get a big grin and a "I don't want to see you again." but what I got was a grim face. :pcwhack: The damned thing is detaching again. He says we will have to pursue a much more aggressive treatment this time. Either he, or preferably one of his pardners, will do the surgery as a new set of eyes may find what he is missing. He has done four surgeries and his usual limit is three. He says he has never come across such a persistent problem before. :(

He is a good doctor and has a very good professional reputation among his peers. He is the one they go to see when they need his skills so I know he is not merely spinning me on.

Anyway If I disappear suddenly, it means I have gone in for the next bout of surgery. I would really appreciate any and all prayers you can spare. :p

One bit of good news is that I will be able to attend the NAME National in Seattle next month and DH and I will finally get to take our long awaited cruise to Alaska afterward. They will inject another bout of the synthetic oil and I will be able to fly out.

Oh, Beverly, how hugely disappointing. It's just not fair.... :pcwhack:

That's wonderful that you'll be able to go to the NAME meeting in Seattle next month. It's usually just lovely in July, and I hope Seattle shows herself off in the best way for you while you're there (I'm a native, so a little biased). Those cruises to Alaska are every bit as breath-taking as they sound, and I sure can't think of anyone who deserves a nice vacation more than you! DO take a LOT of pictures....:p

Sending you lots and lots of positive energy and prayers that they get this fixed for good this time Beverly. What a rotten deal to have to go thru this yet again. :p

Do enjoy your trip though - it sounds like a wonderful time and Alaska is so beautiful. :pcwhack:

Thanks everyone, did not mean to overflow, just soooooo disappointed. Your positive thoughts and support mean a lot.

Added: Just got a call from the hospital for pre-screening. I am scheduled for the new surgery Jun 9 at 8:30 am. The Surgeon's office hasn't called yet but the hospital say's one of the other partners will do it. Would appreciate all the prayers for a good outcome that you can spare

Here are some prayers and gentle hugs. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It's so tough to have so much uncertainty in the outcomes when it relates to your vision.

I just can't imagine not having my vision. My limitations with my arthritis and a few other items seem so small compared to your struggles. You are very brave to keep on trying.

Sorry to hear about another surgery.Am sending best wishes and prayers.And this is

a good place to vent-surrounded by many like minded people who care! Good luck for

a speedy recovery!! :pcwhack: :p

((((Big Hugs Beverly)))))

I am sorry you are going thru this saga still. You have been there for me when I went through my back surgery and I was so sure that you would be finally done and over with this. Dang, is that a run on sentence or what! ROFL

I will be thinking of you!

Again thanks everyone. I hope that this will finally fix it. I have a feeling if it doesn't then I will have to either live with it or be referred to another surgeon.

Keeping fingers crossed for you and sending healing thoughts.

I'm so glad you've got your trip to look forward to. I'm sure it will be breathtaking!