What have you made with die-cut furniture

CatColorado

Who has made something beautiful, crazy, inspired, or just plain weird out of die-cut furniture? Post pictures please!

Here is the only thing I have made that I have been happy with: .

It was an ugly brown battery box that I glued a 1/24th scale die cut table to and painted black. I also added faux doors, the button decoration, and the decorative handles.

Oh, that is just beautiful Cat! I love it! It's a fantastic piece. Very creative!

My favorite piece from die cut furniture is the living room set from the Coventry Cottage kit that I turned into a room box. The furniture isn't weird, but the room box is. <giggling>

post-329-1151306313_thumb.jpg

Deb

I just love that livingroom! I'm often stumped by what to do with these diecut kits, and I really like your solution. You painted them a single color and went all out with the upholstery, so effective. I have tons of diecut kits but I don't do anything with them due to intimidation.

My favorite so far has been the CC desk post-8-1151350334_thumb.jpg

I really like the "sow's-ear-into-silk-purse" challenge of diecut furniture! I confess I'm going to use some of my "scratch" practice techniques post-8-1151350638_thumb.jpg

on the diecut kits I've acquired.

Oh, for cute! (in both cases)

I like how my CC living room furniture came out in the Haunted House, but there's nothing creative about it.

I don't know about that, not many people could paint a sofa pink with such panache! I really like the pink. I have that kit and was wondering what to do with it. Maybe if I painted it a girly color with lots of frilly cushions, I could use it in a bedroom.

Holly, what was the CC desk originally? It's very nicely done. And I do love that icebox, I have to try making one of those in 1/24th.

Those really are beautiful, but Melissa, the furniture you made from the Coventry kit is just gorgeous. The trims you used as accents really brought the pieces to life.

Deb

Holly, what was the CC desk originally?

It was originally the desk, Cat, my DM used hers for a china & linen cupboard & called it a "breakfront", so I stained it maple & made it look like hers with the blue & white beads from Wally World for "china".

Well, i haven't made anything yet, but i plan to make up the furniture diecuts that came with the cantebury and i plan to make fabric cushions for the seats. :D Nice work guys, your furniture looks great!

Does anyone have a link to Melissa's furniture pictures? I can't seem to find them.

post-27-1148060061_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture, hope Melissa doesn't mind me posting it. I think it in under the topic Melissa's Arthur. I love what she did with the chairs.

Looking at that bed that Jimmy made always gives me a chuckle :D

That table and chairs of Melissa's is sooo darling! I seem to remember some cool furniture in her Haunted House too.

So. Um. Tracy? Where's the pictures of your paperclay furniture, hmmm?