Enable me?

CatColorado

I thinks I wants this.

http://www.majesticmansions.com/halfmorningside_1.htm

It's alot of money though. So I need you all to enable me. Tell me what I could do with it, talk about colors, bewitch me with exterior finishes.

I'm teetering on the edge, my imagination hasn't caught fire yet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brothel lady is Violet2Dawn. :D

I like the idea of a hotel though, like a Bed and Breakfast.

With 13 rooms, I could have a good sized "establishment" <cough> .

I'd need a kitchen, a diningroom, a bathroom on each floor, a boiler room or similar, a laundry, a breakroom for staff... that's 8 rooms so far unless I combine the boiler room and laundry. I should have an office... that would only be about 4 or 5 bedrooms depending on how I divide it up. Hmm.

Me too, you must get this its adorable - its an apartment block with a very posh apartment at the top, a nice one on the bottom and an awful scruffy place sandwiched in the middle - what fun you could have with that - shame you can't recreate the smell of boiling cabbage in a doll house (I'm not too sure you can't actually)

It would take some bashing, but I see a two-family dwelling, with a shared entrance and one family living on each side.

Personally, it's speaking to me and telling me that it wants a Romeo and Juliet-type story, where the two families share the building and don't get along, but the children long to be friends and have possibly carved a hole between their bedrooms to communicate in secret :D

Me too, you must get this its adorable - its an apartment block with a very posh apartment at the top, a nice one on the bottom and an awful scruffy place sandwiched in the middle - what fun you could have with that - shame you can't recreate the smell of boiling cabbage in a doll house (I'm not too sure you can't actually)

don't forget the 'cat lady'. a little ole lady with lots of cats

now I think I might need one!

Tuscan house. Stairs with wrought iron railings. A wine cellar in the basement. Stone inside and out. Overly lush furnishings. Swing out windows. Heavy beamed ceilings. Brick work on the ceilings. Tile everywhere. Barrel tile on the roof. Luschious flowers and vines everywhere. Music room. A big black iron stove in the kitchen. Multi-generational family living in one house. Buy it, buy it, buy it *keeps on chanting*

My vote is for you to get it...but I'm biased. I have the Darlington made by the same company and I've been enjoying building/working on mine.

Drats. I was really beginning to get into the whole B&B thing but then I realized that the floor plans on the other two houses lent themselves much better to that theme with less bashing.

I like this one because of the garage and not much roof to shingle. And I can have a rooftop garden.

Kelly, that was superb enabling! I can just see it now :D

Think it would look okay in stucco?

Wow! I don't have any good suggestions - but at first thought it looked like a hotel - maybe a bar/brothel

I thought the same thing, well actually hotel/bar in New Orleans during Mari Gra (I know spelling)

That is a really cool house. I really like that top little tower room thing. I don't really have any cool ideas, but it sounds like you have enough here to get you started until the house comes. So I'm enabling like the others, you should get it. I've been enabled here myself, time for me to pay back the favor... :D

I will eventually cave in and buy it.

Maybe it will be my Christmas present to me. :popcorn: :D

I like to have a firm idea of what the house is going to be before I buy, otherwise it takes forever for me to finish. Funny, I looked at the Darlington and was all excited about it being a hotel... and then I saw it only had three hotel rooms. So maybe I will make a B&B out of mine after all and not worry about realism (bathroom on every floor, etc.).

So that leaves picking a theme, I have the Tacky Tourist Trap, Tuscan Paradise, and New Orleans French Quarter. I guess I could do a Victorian theme... that would be easy to find furniture for.

I'm fully prepared to enable you.

I see it as a San Francisco pained lady. The small footprint and height or so characteristic of a city, where land is hard to come by, so lots are small and they built upwards. The New Orleans idea also speaks to me.

Get it! Get it! Get IT!! If you can afford a Majestic Mansion, by ALL MEANS NECESSARY, GET IT! They are the most exquisite houses!!

The possibilities are endless! A hotel? A townhome? Oh MY!!!

When you do get it, I can't wait to see what you do with it!