I'm having some surgery in the morning . . .

Hi, everybody . . . As of 6:00 a.m. tomorrow, I'll be at the hospital for some surgery. I've needed this for a while, but my doctor finally convinced me recently that I was getting into dangerous ground by waiting. I must confess that I dread it, but I am hoping that all will go well and I won't end up being admitted. If they can do this out-patient, I can get back and watch for the SF results! I appreciate any prayers you can direct my way. Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Rhonda, we've got your back ... or whatever body part needs protection! :buddies:

Prayers going your way. Hope to see you back here with a good report tomorrow afternoon.

Sending positive energy and prayers your way Rhonda! We're all here for ya! :giggle: Do let us know how you are as soon as you are able. :buddies: Take care!

Thanks, Chris! I will, and before I go in tomorrow morning, I'll go back and look at the pictures of your incredible SF again - that will leave me with lovely thoughts - bound to be a good thing as I head into surgery!

You're all the best! Thank you! And (LOL) in getting ready for the "big day" tomorrow, I've been re-arranging my dollhouses, and unbelievably I think I've made a big improvement - who knows, maybe I'll still be able to fit some more in over time! If there is one thing I am determined to do, it's to have as many as possible and to be able to see and enjoy them! Of course, instead of re-arranging my dollhouses, I had PLANNED to do laundry, clean, and have my house all ready so I could settle in and recover nicely. I know, though, that I'm not the lone ranger in saying somehow I always end up doing something that relates to minis instead!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner - but sending healing thoughts your way. I hope it all went smoothly, and that you are back at home recovering. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Thank you all so much for your well wishes. I am home now, and glad of it . . . although the surgery was much rougher than I anticipated. For starters (and I do NOT know why this happened) - I passed out cold when they were doing my I.V. I woke up with 4 nurses standing over me, saying "Rhonda, are you o.k.?" I looked at them and had no idea who they were or where I was. Then, I had to wait ages for my surgery (laying in that gurney all the while) because the surgery before mine went 4 hours over schedule. After my surgery was over, I awoke to discover that my entire head was a mass of dried blood (I've got over 30 stitches), and I was told I couldn't wash my hair until the next day. Yuck.

Anyway, as of today, I am still in a huge amount of pain, and I have so much swelling that I look like some kind of weird amphibious swamp creature. I was concerned about the amount of swelling and called my doctor. He had me come in TODAY and looked me over. He said that because of the extensive amount of surgical trauma I underwent, that the swelling is to be expected. Another weird side effect I am having is a lot of gooey stuff coming out of my eyes. Again, he said it was o.k. - he said I am having a lot of lymphatic drainage because of all the layers of tissue that were affected. He also told me I am going to have to take extra time off work, though, and I am totally panicked about losing more pay. I am going to be awfully tight on bills!

If this is what getting old is like, I don't like it much!