Fabulous Steampunk Miniatures at Deb's Minis

Deb

There's someone I'd like for you all to meet. He's my alter ego and his name is Dr. Thaddeus Robertson. He's a mad scientist and he's taken over my studio creating all kinds of amazing steampunk miniatures. You can read the story about the good doctor on my website if you want to know more about him. He's quite the character. :buddies:http://www.debsminis.com/steampunk_miniatures.htm

I have two new steampunk minis listed in my Etsy store. One is the Amazing Self Rocking Steam Powered Rocking Chair. The other is the Incredible Steam Powered Food Preparation Device with Instant Hot Water Receptacle. Both are really cool victorian miniatures as well as being steampunk. They have a victorian "more is more" flair to them. I think all the techno, copper, brass and mechanisms are the best part but I'm such a geek. Even if you don't have a steampunk house, these would look awesome just sitting on a shelf.

And in another example of my eclectic personality, I also have a groovy retro 1970s living room set with a cool flower power motif. It comes with three floor pillows so your living room is all set for a party.

Here are the Etsy links. Go take a look. Even if you're not interested in buying it's fun to see all three.

The Incredible Steam Powered Food Preparation Device with Instant Hot Water Receptacle

The Steampunk Rocking Chair

Flower Power Living Room with Floor Pillows

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't mention Dr Robertson's Scottish "burr"... Has he figured out the All-Steam-Powered Infant Nursery and Nurse's Helper yet? (I do NOT need to start making Steam Punk, I do NOT need...)

• 2 weeks later...

I adore this and have also learnt a LOT of new things whilst goggling "steampunk" wowser so much fun!!!!! But you know, you have made another house start yelling at me from over the "pond" and it is the lighthouse, it wants to become a very steampunked build, sheesh.... I can just picture it now though, which I shouldn't as I am PACKING the minis, (more or less LOL) so can't even start thinking about yet another ....

You temptress you LOL

HUGS and thanks for the inspiration

Anna, you will LOVE the laser-cut Lighthouse kit! It builds itself and finishes beautifully! And I can just imagine it with all sorts of vent pipes, cogwheels, boilers, etc to turn a monster light!

Anna, you will LOVE the laser-cut Lighthouse kit! It builds itself and finishes beautifully! And I can just imagine it with all sorts of vent pipes, cogwheels, boilers, etc to turn a monster light!

Mmmmmm, now I have the yearn (sp?) for three of them.... Sheesh!!! :hug: and steampunking will definitley be one of them thanks to you Deb.... :p

Hugs

You didn't mention Dr Robertson's Scottish "burr"... Has he figured out the All-Steam-Powered Infant Nursery and Nurse's Helper yet? (I do NOT need to start making Steam Punk, I do NOT need...)

Sure you do! The way your brain works Holly, you'd have a *ball* doing steampunk! Trust me Sis, it's a whole new addiction within an addiction. You already have a knack for making minis out of found treasures so steampunk is a natural for you. This is *so* much fun. C'mon and play! And yes, there is a nursery set in progress already. And two beds. And another room that I'm not going to mention yet because I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Anna, the lighthouse would be totally perfect for steampunk! I'm with Holly on that one and can just see all the workings inside it. What fun you'd have! I've been giving some thought to the perfect steampunk house for me and decided it's the Vineyard Cottage. That loft is just too cool for a workspace and all kinds of steampunk devices inside and out.

I'm in a real steampunk state of mind tonight. I watched "Wild, Wild West" earlier today and then "Warehouse 13" had an episode with H.G. Wells and an awesome steampunk vest. I'm off to see if the cat can be improved by steam power. LOL!

Here kitty, kitty, kitty..................

Deb

Sheesh, you just HAD to mention kitties and steampunkin' right?!? Sooooo many ideas and.... evil temptress you :cry: Hope Napoleon is doing great in his maybe-new-outfit...

HUGS

Anna, if you can find an old falling-apart mantel clock that is fit only to yield up its insides, you could have a go at making wildly wonderful workings for the Lighthouse light...

Anna, if you can find an old falling-apart mantel clock that is fit only to yield up its insides, you could have a go at making wildly wonderful workings for the Lighthouse light...

:cry: mmmm.... I am sooo looking into this, feeling a lil' like doc Frankenstein as well but am having wayyyy to much fun with the sketching, plotting and planning to care about the torches outside..l :D

Hugs