Nice Compliment 6/15/10

Just today someone told my DH that they admired me so much for all I am doing and that every time they felt down and discouraged they thought of me and their problems didn't seem so heavy anymore.

I was totally blown away by this remark !!!

I do all that I do because I love the little ones so much that I'd lay down my life for them so I don't think about it being unusual. But, I guess it isn't as usual as I think for he and I - old and well into our 60's, to be raising three sadly abused little ones with all their difficulties.

I hope others have received equally as kind compliments and I did today. It certainly made my day.

Tracy, what an uplifting topic, thanks!

Selkie, you should be proud! And yes, to you it seems natural, but it is a very admirable thing that you are doing!

Mine is along the same lines - a good friend recently told me that he admired my commitment to my children. This meant a lot to me, especially now, because my kids are 15 and 18 and they definitely do not notice or appreciate my commitment to them lately! ;)

LOL Tracy, teens won't appreciate parents again 'til they are at least 30! ;) But, that was an awesome compliment!

Well since we are here in a dollhouse forum, my recent compliment was on my SF, and they said "if I didn't know better I would have thought it was a real life Garage" :mellow:

Thanks for the uplifting topic Tracy!

Sorry for my slow reply here ;) I thought it would be a good topic since we all are going through something unpleasant in our lives at one point of another and Good news is something we don't hear enough of.

Today I received 2 great compliments on my houses from people here to work on my real home. They thought the Beacon Hill was Stunning and my small fairytail cottage and 2 half scale houses I have out had them staring and gasping. It's so cool to see guys faces when they admire a dollhouse because it's known as a "girls" hobby.

:mellow:

I hope you all keep having Great Compliments and don't forget to give one.

Hmmm...I just saw this post...well, to me a wonderful compliment was having my cat Nikki chosen for Critter's Corner for the last Gazette!!She's very pretty and quite a

character.But I was very appreciative and proud none the less!! :hug:

This IS a great topic!

This week many of us had to move offices to accomodate the addition of two more people. I was moved into an office suite that is connected to the office of one of our retired Judges. I was told by my supervisor that he commented to her that he was "just tickled" that I was his new office roomie and that now he didn't have to worry about professionalism and confidentiality. After all of the ups and downs that have come along with this program over the past 3 years, that was just what I need to hear :hug: Makes you feel good when you're respected in your career.

LLyn! Congrats to you & your furbaby! So glad it made you feel good!!

Jennifer, That is wonderful to hear such a praise come from someone unexpectantly!

Traci, your kids may not like it now, but they will when they get older and you must be doing a Wonderful job since others notice!

Selkie, I know that gave you a warm feeling inside :hug:

I have not "publisized" my pursuit of my miniature hobby locally because most people's eyes glaze over when I mention it. However some folks have found out about it and I am amazed at their interest. But the compliment that meant the most to me was from my DH. We have had to do some more repairs around the house in the past few months and the contractor we hired to do the work spotted my Leaky Cauldron/Digon Alley in our hallway next to the door going out to our deck and asked my DH about it. DH always drags visitors around and shows off my projects usually with a big silly grin on his face. This last week the contractor was back and he had three guys with him to see my stuff. Al just grinned as the contractor gave them the nickle tour. He looked over at me and told them. "I am proud of her."

I guess what thrilled me most was my DH's response to my Spring Fling. He usually just tolerates my hobby, kind of a that's-nice,-honey,-pat-on-the-head type. But when he saw my finished SF he was very impressed and said he had no idea I could do work like that. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy :hug:

As mini of y'all know, we are on our way home from my highschool class' 50th reunion two weeks ago (this is the first place we've stopped that has wi-fi!) and my warm, fuzzy compliment came from all the people I hadn't seen in 50 years who had been told all about my pacemaker and our hiking, kayaking & bicycling activities by my friend who is one of the organizers. I don't know how many of them will start becoming physically active as a result, but I saw an awful lot of thinking going on after I talked to them about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Kohls the other day with my 9month old, and we were looking at books and "talking about them" and just being the two peas in a pod that we are, and a woman came up to me and told me what a great mommy I was :) It just made me feel so good!!!!

I'm only 23, and it doesn't matter that me and my husband have been married for three years many people still dissaprove of my having a child so young! For someone to say they though I was a doing a great job made me feel like a million bucks! Because that little boy is my world!

Edited by LifeUponTheWickedStage

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a compliment, I don't think, but, I made the lighthouse for a very dear friend and delivered it to her--luckily her husband was able to keep THAT secret from her, LOL! Anyhow, about a month or two later they invited me for a cookout and when I got there they had their cleaning lady there preparing for the party and introduced me to her. As I was walking away to look at something Gene was wanting to show me I heard the lady saying excitedly "is that the person that built the lighthouse?"

Thanks Tracy! I still can't believe how easily that lighthouse went together! Can't wait to build more laser cut stuff! But I think I'm gonna have to start getting 2 kits of each to keep Ralph away from my toys!

Thanks Tracy! I still can't believe how easily that lighthouse went together! Can't wait to build more laser cut stuff! But I think I'm gonna have to start getting 2 kits of each to keep Ralph away from my toys!
That's good, though. Twice the eye candy!lol Seriously, get him started on mini furniture & somewhere along the way, after he gets going on it, show him Ferd Sobol's site.

That's good, though. Twice the eye candy!lol Seriously, get him started on mini furniture & somewhere along the way, after he gets going on it, show him Ferd Sobol's site.

Fred Sobel? Who is that?

Last week my son and I went to the Hostess bread outlet and checking out Michael said Mom can I get some donuts. The checker said, Mom? This can't be your Mom. I wasn't sure she qualified for the senior discount. The checker was 60 and looked older than me. I'm 72. I've been told I look ten years younger than my age even by my doctor but sometimes I feel 100 so this was a nice compliment. :)

• 1 month later...