2010 Spring Fling Contest Results

The 2010 Spring Fling Contest Results

I would like to start by apologizing for the delay in delivering this years contest results. Though we had our usual deliberation issues, there where other complicating factors that rest squarely on my shoulders. I mismanaged this event and for that, I am truly sorry. Hopefully those of you who have been patiently waiting will forgive me when you see this years participation gift. All who entered will be receiving one of these bad boys which you can read about below. So without further delay I present you the winners of the 2010 Spring Fling Contest:

First Place - Congratulations otterine!

2010-otterine.jpg

Brae Wins a $500 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company and Re-names this Dollhouse!

That's right, I'm happy to re-introduce you to one of our newest dollhouses, Baslow Ranch which is named in honor of Brae's dear departed pets, Basil (pronounced bazzill like an Englishman's name) the cat; Clover and Willow who were both dwarf hamsters. In addition to bragging rights, Brae will get $500 to spend at will in the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Second Place - Congratulations Madhatter!

2010-madhatter.jpg

Jennifer Wins a $250 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Third Place - Congratulations Rich T!

2010-richt.jpg

Rich wins a $125 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

We truly enjoyed all 44 entries and I thank all who participated. All entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

Hold on - Congratulations, everyones a winner!

2010-gift.jpg

That's right, everyone who entered is going to get a quarter scale version of the Baslow Ranch! We scaled down this wonderful little house and put our new laser cutter to work so everyone can have a memento of this historic event! I hope everyone enjoys this house as much as we've enjoyed looking at you amazing projects!

And a Personal Thanks to the Judges

Big thanks to my big sister Lisa, Rick and Bev for a job well done!

Congrats to Brae, Jenn and Rick for a job well done on all three winning entries! I just took a quick look thru the gallery and once again am amazed at how much fabulous talent there is in the miniature world. To everyone who entered the contest, thank you for doing what you do and sharing your art with us. I'm going back to drool over the eye candy some more.

Deb

I just knew there was a reason why I grabbed the ice cream on the way to the computer! Congrats to the winners. I think, tho, to do just to all the entries, I'm gonna need more ice cream while I savor all the details.

Wow, thank you so much Greenleaf!!!! :popcorn:

Iv'e just looked through the gallery and wow we have so many talented people here and the nicest!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful place to be! :w00t:

I had such a great time working on my fling and as i've said before it's inspired me again! :p

Congrats to Brae, and Rick and all those who entered.

The little scale of the kit is amazing and such a nice thought of Greenleaf.

Jenn :p

:p Yeh, finally the thriller is over :popcorn: Congrats to Brae, Jenn and Rick and to the judge who must have had many sleepless nights.

I take a break, and the whole place goes up for grabs!! :p

Congrats to Jenn and Rich T as well as everyone else who entered - so many great projects!

I was blown away when Dean contacted me last week, and I am still just so thrilled! :p I had such a fun time with this project and with all the camaraderie we had on the forum throughout the Spring Fling! :w00t:

A huge thank you to Dean and Company for everything! :popcorn:

Hurray!!! Eye candy time....

Congrats to the winners! :p Fabulous entries for sure.

And a GI-NORMOUS thank you to Dean & Co. for .. (have to catch my breath..) A QUARTER SCALE VERSION!! :popcorn: WOO HOO!!!! :p :w00t: I absolutely ADORE 1/4 scale :wub: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Congrats to all the participants - all the entries were so wonderful! :yes:

Ok, off to the glorious gallery for some eye-candy! :w00t:

Congratulations to Otterine and all then entrants!

I just finished looking at the gallery. The creativity and level of detail evinced is outstanding!Some, with a western or garage theme were obvious upon seeing the unfinished structure, but beach houses, art galleries, and and an Egyptian tomb blew me away - it really is a lesson at looking things with an open mind.

The quarterscale version for the participants is a neat treat too!

Whohoooo :p congratulations to ALL that did indeed get their entries in, a quarter scale SP is going to render another bout of marvelous eye canddy!!! :popcorn:

And also a HUGe :p congratulations to Brae, Jenn and Rick!!! And I bet that the judges can finally start to breath yet again and settle any and all domestic difficulties :w00t: hehehe...

HUGS

:popcorn: to all the winners. And WOW on the prize for everyone.

I loved this contest and it was worth waiting to see the winners and the Thank you gift. Thanks Dean, you really know how to take care of your people.

Kudos and Congratulations to Brae, Jenn, and Rich! :popcorn: Your creations are truly awesome, and inspiring. :p

Thank you Dean, for the 1/4 scale laser-cut prize! I know I don't deserve it - but I absolutely love it!! :p

And now to the gallery of entry pics ... so much eye-candy to munch my way through .... yumm!