Asking for some special Greenleaf TLC

Selkie

Starting Friday and for the three weeks or so, we could truly use some extra love and prayers for our family. (writing this with tears streaming down my cheeks - sorry to blubber - please excuse the wet spots)

As some of you know, we are in the midst of tremendously complex legal proceedings that are extremely messy and outrageously stressful. I'm sorry I can't go into detail but I need to protect people and this is a public forum after all.

Just please think of us during this time period and say a little prayer now and then. I've never had to do any of this type of stuff in my entire life and it surely isn't something I'd ever want to repeat or volunteer for - that's for sure !!

We need to know our very own special Greenleaf family is still here for us even when everything else seems to be falling down around us. With all the expert builders, architects and designers that live in the GL family, we should be able to be supported and built back up in no time. I'm counting heavily on it.

Thanks ahead of time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel badly that this difficulty is befallen you, it can be a big nightmare. Having trained as a paralegal, the process can seem like a ponderous maze but be assured that the safeguards are there to ensure that no party has an unfair advantage. It may (and will) take time, but will come to an end and frequently the conclusion seems surprisingly sudden.

I was in litigation for 4 years on my carbon monoxide personal injury case. Most of the time it seemed nothing was happening. I honestly believe had I not been so persistent in pursuing that matter and doing independent research, the case would have been allowed to die.

Try to take the legal problems and related stresses and lock them away in a box where you can delve when necessary, but keeping them out of sight and mind as much as possible.

Miniatures are great! You can create a world to you liking, devoid of unpleasantries. When stress starts to become oppressive, turn to your minis for a little vacation.

Take a walk, get into the vast outdoors,something to get some perspective of life devoid of your situation. Maybe some volunteer work - helping others can sooth the soul.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. All I ask is that you go out some night and enjoy the northern lights for me!

Selkie, I'm so sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck, and sending the most positive energies your way possible. Good luck with everything, and I hope things turn out better than you can hope for.

<wrapping arms around you in a big, soft hug> It'll all be okay sweetie. Take things one moment at a time and try not to let it overwhelm you. It will all work out fine in the end. We're always here if you need us and that's something you can count on no matter how bad things get.

Deb

Thank you all SO much for the encouraging words. I finished up two lenghty mtgs with attorneys this afternoon in preparation (already had another earlier in the week) but still feel so shaky inside. So afraid I'll say things the wrong way and mess everything up. I don't speak legal-ise very well.

I know I need to get to sleep right now but had to take time here with my family first.

Thank you for being you !!

Selkie, Prayers for you and your family that all these issues and problems will be worked out! Don't forget to take care of yourself in this trying time. Take a few minutes to do something that you enjoy. the more you take care of yourself, the better you will be during those trying legal times. Hugs.

Big huge hugs out to you. Lots and lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Be sure and take care of yourself and you know that your GL family is there for you always. Many prayers for you

Donna

... but I'm sticking a lot of very sharp pins in the other side's lawyer wax doll.

That works too although I'm not generally the vindictive type - this time I'm taking any and all assistance that will get us thru this and aid in the permanent resolution of this horrible nightmare. I just want it to be over and be able to reassure the little guys that it is over. Then they and the rest of us can begin to move forward with healing.

So. just to update everyone and send a bazillion thanks to you for your support for today. This was my personal hardest day. I testified for 5 1/2 hours !!!! (yes you read that right) It was grueling. Three attorneys (2 on our side and one against) and the judge all asking questions and rebutting and objecting and on and on.

I'm totally exhausted but I came here first after giving everybody hugs and kisses since I missed them all day. I could feel the support of my special GL family. I was told I did a good job and appeared calm and composed. I sure didn't feel it.

I'm SO glad we have the weekend off. Thanks again to everyone. We start again next week. I'll keep everyone posted.