Asking for some special Greenleaf TLC

Selkie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more soothing thoughts as well as energy your way whilst keeping fingers crossed andhoping that you will finally be able to put this ordeal behind you all!!!

HUGS

Selkie...such a long time to be testifying !!! Good for you !!! I'm proud of you, and I'm sure your family is too. I'm sending you strength, courage, energy, hope, and anything else I can think of..hope you get some rest ...hugs...

So sorry to hear of your troubles, Selkie -- I am praying for you and your family; God knows the details and will help you. Be assured that your mini-family is rallying around you with strength and support. :p

Again, thank you all for all your love and TLC.

I'm finally getting time to check in here and it's almost midnight. sigh ...

Court proceedings are moving along but it's slow going and SO many witnesses to go through. I'm still sequestered in case they want to recall me at the end so I can't hear all the details of testimony. I've been greeting and sort hosting the witnesses as they arrive and giving moral support.

I spent about 4 hours on Monday copying reports and transporting them to kingdom come so everyone has the data they need. I feel like I'm the paralegal for our two attorneys.

I've had babysitter problems on top of everything else. My two sitters both had family members hospitalized on Monday so they are all stressed out too. I road bikes with the kids Monday eve and royally messed up my already bad knees so was hobbling around like an old lady today (wait a minute, I am an old lady !! Sigh .... )

We are on a continuance now for the judge to go on vacation. Wish I could go on vacation from the harassment and court ordered obligations that will still go on daily while he's off having fun. (grumble grumble)

I'll not be reporting on this topic probably for a month until he returns. Then he’ll call us back in for several more days of witnesses. Hopefully we will have a ruling on some parts of it before school starts. The final rulings may not come for up to 6 to 9 months because this is all so serious and an uncommon ruling (or so our attorneys told us).

Thanks again for all your support. What a great family we have here. Yeah Greenleaf !!!!

Selkie, I'm just coming into this ... sounds as if you are doing all the right things despite the pressures this is putting on you and your family. Too bad doing the right thing doesn't always help move things to a speedy conclusion. The judge taking a holiday is really annoying if not downright unconscionable! Hang in there! :hug:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bring this topic back to the top again as we are prepping for our next two days of trial and testimony - August 20th (this coming Friday) and August 31st.

A lot has happened in between and I'm more stressed than ever. Things like intimidating witnesses, new threats of violence and so much more I could never have imagined possible.

The kids are stressed out too. The eldest spent a week and a half after the last date vomiting every day from the stress of it all til her therapist and us finally got her simmered down. Last week she checked the calendar and realized that the 20th was coming up and spent 3 days vomiting again for the fear of it all.

I just want this to be over !!!

Please lift us up in prayer and thoughts as we do our final prep work for Friday. Please especially hold up the kids, they are the ones who suffer the most with all of this.

I'll try to check in more frequently to keep you updated. It's hard because my brain feels like scrambled eggs most of the time.

I am really late coming on to this thread but you definately have my prayers and my thoughts. It sounds like a very trying time. I don't know anything but it sounds like everyone is going through pretty major loop. Good luck and my prayers are with you.

Wow, I did not realize what you are going thru is so horrific. I have to ask because I worry....threats of violence? Is that aimed toward YOU?? Sending thoughts your way.

Thanks for all the encouraging words, thoughts, prayers, and candles. It means a lot that I have somewhere to vent a bit and receive some TLC. I'm not allowed to discuss the case much locally due to the restrictions placed on us so anonymity is my only choice. It's comforting to feel like I'm part of a family here.

I have finally found someone to stay with the children while I'm gone on Friday. That has been a serious hurdle for me to overcome. No doubt, all your good vibes were responsible. Thank you.

As to the threats and intimidation, we are just hoping that it all serves to dig the hole deeper and more permanent. Of course, all the attorneys and the police know about it all. Can't wait to see what the judge does with the news on Friday. Our local police chief has been wonderful. He has taken time on several occasions to sit with the girls and let them ask anything they need to. He's been so patient and so careful. He watches our house constantly.

I just wish there was a way I could promise these kids that they would never have to worry about any of this ever again. But that will never be possible, no matter what the court rulings are unless she passes away.

So, bottom line - THANK YOU all SO much and please lift us up on Friday.

As a survivor of extreme childhood abuse and terrorism, my very personal prayers go out to the children involved in this horror show. They are so very fortunate that someone is aware of their danger and is doing whatever is possible to protect them. Selkie, you may have an inkling of the good you are doing here, but I can tell you from personal experience that all the nastiness you are going through on behalf of these children will never, ever be forgotten. I am so very sorry that whatever these children have been through has happened, and so very thankful for them that they have someone willing to do whatever it takes to help them to be safe again.

You are changing lives here, and thank God that you are there to do so.

Sorry to be so long in posting. It's been a wild roller coaster ride of events since last week.

Thank you all for all your encouragement and thoughts and prayers. We really need them and appreciate them. Keep them coming for a while longer please.

While it's hard to describe due to judges orders not to talk yet, suffice to say we are still very far from the end of all of this.

The kids are feeding off all the tension and thus behavioral issues are tough to deal with - trying to be sensitive to the situation and their fears while not allowing unacceptable things to occur.

We have one more day of witnesses for sure, possibly one more after that (hope not). The judge has put forth offers of options very similar to ones we had at the hearings for the last year or so and again they have all been rejected. If the offers are not agreed to, then he rules without any of our attorney's memorandums being taken into consideration.

I overheard her attorney telling someone that "she won't agree to anything, she just doesn't get it" - well, that's the way it's been for years and why we are in this mess ... sigh .... She's making it worse for herself as well as these poor kiddos.

We just need some closure and some time to heal. Please pray that the judge will rule equitably and soon.

Thanks so much.

Such a hard time you all have had.....and I'm sure we don't know the half of it.Well, still sending Waves of encouragement,Best Wishes and Prayers for a just ending for

those who deserve it-and Karma for those who don't!! :welcome:

Well, I'm off for another day of trial. There are 6 more witnesses scheduled for today. Please pray that we finish them today so we don't have to schedule yet another day of testimony. We are all just exhausted and working on our last nerve. If we can finish that today we will move into the offers and ruling phase. Of course we need prayers for that too but the testimony part is the hardest because it takes so much prep time for research, legal whining, objections, rebuttal questions and so on.

We just need some closure so we can all move on and begin to heal. These kids are a wreck as are all the adults. We had a really bad scene towards the end of testimony on the last day and then some really bad "stuff" occur over the last few days. Sigh .... It's just never ending pain and hurt.

Thanks for all your TLC and faithfulness. Gotta run.