Asking for Prayers/Healing Thoughts -

woodland_miniatures

Some of you know that I had the bottom of my foot split open a couple of months ago and that since I have neuropathy (little feeling) in my feet and the circulation's not so good either, that it would take a long time to heal.

Well, the worst has happened - the foot is now infected pretty seriously. It happened just about in the blink of an eye, and with me following all cleansing/bandaging instructions obsessively, but well, there it is.

My doctor now has me on two strong oral antibiotics and a prescription antibiotic cream, starting today, and he's told me that while it won't look much better by tomorrow, if it looks WORSE over the weekend, then I need to go the hospital ER in Ellensburg for treatment, most likely with admission for IV antibiotics. And that if that doesn't happen, but if it doesn't look any better by Monday, I'm to call him and he'll have me admitted to the hospital for those IV antibiotics.

Either way, it's now pretty clear that I have a serious, serious problem here, one that could cost me my foot. I'm not even thinking what else it could cost me....

Your well-wishes and prayers would mean a lot to me right now, and thank you so much for being the caring folks that you are.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary, I just saw this and I'm sending you as much positive energy as I can. I'm so sorry that you have to go thru this. I know it's hard, but keep fighting with the doctors to make them take care of you and do everything you can to be sure you get the proper medical treatment. Hang in there dear friend and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Love and hugs,

Deb

I am so sorry to hear this news. :popcorn: I second what Deb said - and if it isn't healing the way YOU think should over the weekend, don't wait to go to the ER. Trust your instincts - it's your body. I know you're scared, but try to take some deep breaths and calm your nerves as best you can. Your body needs all the help it can get in healing. Sending you positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

Hey there. I am so there with you and giving you some positive energy. I know how it feels to have your foot being numb and not knowing what is going to happen next. I will be thinking of you all weekend.

You hang out here and cry *itch and scream if you have to!

We will be here with big hugs.

They're right If it doesn't look better over the weekend....you know.It is scary but know that we are all behind you giving a gentle push and staying with you to give support!!

Adding my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!! :popcorn:

Adding my thoughts and prayers to the number. I have so admired your gorgeous miniature work. You are a special and gifted person. Please take super good care of yourself.

Seems so unfair sometimes and so hard to understand. "they" tell me everything has a reason so we'll trust there is a good one here too and we just haven't figured it out yet.

Bless all your generous hearts, your kind words mean so much to me. Another generous friend came over this evening, dropping whatever else she may have had planned, and thoroughly cleaned all my floors. Can't tell you how much better that made me feel. :popcorn:

Will keep you updated as things go along, and here's hoping those fancy antibiotic horse pills do their job!

I'd not thought about neuropathy causing those kinds of problems, which gives one something to think about.

Is the infection killing tissue?

Some treatments I've heard about you might run past your doctor:

Spending time in a hyperbaric chamber. I don't know how it works on foot problems, but I've heard that some diabetics being able to keep there limbs because of this treatment. If I remember this may go with gangrene.

If the infected tissue is becoming necrotic, an unconventional treatment which sounds awful, is maggot debridement therapy. Only dead tissue is consumed. It sounds thoroughly disgusting, but if it were a choice between medical biosurgery or losing a leg, I'd give it serious thought.

Hopefully the infection will clear up and be back to your old self soon. :popcorn:

Oh my! You are most certainly being sent healing prayers and many at that. I am so sorry that you have to go thru this but we are all behind you with many positive vibes being sent your way

Oh, Mary, and I was hoping not hearing any more about your foot meant it was healing! It's OK to be scared, just hang in there and know we all love you, no matter what happens.

I'm gonna whisper this really softly, so come close -

I THINK IT'S BETTER!!!!!!

If it is, it is thanks to all of you wonderful Greenleafers who took the time to think of me and my poor foot. I'll never forget it! :popcorn: Still have to get through the rest of the weekend, and crossing everything I have that it continues to improve.