Asking for Prayers/Healing Thoughts -

woodland_miniatures

:rofl: So happy to hear that you are feeling better Mary and wowser I had a blast, snicker and aching ribs as well aftr reading throught the, ummm... shall we say unusual ways of dealing with the intake of medecins... :) hehe...

Hugs and giggle on :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad the foot is doing better!

We regularly have to remind people to take the plastic cover off suppositories, otherwise it is ouch!

Hahahahahahahahahaha...as a ret. nurse we,at the nursing home used to get our

suppositories wrapped in foil capsules with a LARGE warning to remove foil before using!

One would shudder at the thought of the poor soul who didn't pay attention or have

any common sense!! Hope the foot continues to heal,and the soul is full of laughter! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update, and I'm neither laughing nor healing, apparently. Both soon again, I hope.

Went to the doctor on Tuesday for a long overdue full physical and of course he checked out the foot, too. Well, the wretched thing isn't any worse, but it's not healing either, so he wanted me to go to a wound care clinic in Yakima. That's the closest one there is, short of going back over the mountains to Seattle and I just don't have transport to Seattle. It seems I also don't have transport to Yakima either, the van service that goes there once a week on Tuesday would work, though it'd be an awful long day (they pick me up at 7 a.m. and get me back home around 6 p.m.), but it seems the wound care clinic doesn't DO wound care on Tuesdays. And my only other option, a national volunteer transport service for folks on Medicaid (I just got myself on Medicaid, finally, after 20 years of being turned down!), doesn't come to my little town any more - not cost effective, they say.

I'd pay a "friend" or neighbor, but frankly the only folks I know who have cars are too busy getting drunk and/or stoned to want to spend the day on a long, hot drive to Yakima. Sorry, this is a drinkin' and druggin' town, I'm afraid, some families here are into their fourth generations of alcoholics and drug use is rampant as well. Sad, sad, sad.

Anyway, my friend who cleaned my floors for me a while back is also a traditional Native American herbalist and, figuring I don't really have anything to lose at this point, I'm following her advice. A nice comfrey-based ointment for healing and a once-a-day soak in a mild solution of cider vinegar for disinfection, is her recommendation. After two days of trying this, I do believe the blasted thing IS looking a bit better.....

Oh, Mary ... what a situation! In addition to the Native American approach, do you have access to a bonafide Reiki healer? The Reiki practitioner can enhance what you are doing and make it more effective. I'm sending as much healing energy as I can, but someone in the same room can be more effective.

Many hugs :happydance::D ;)

I'll tell you what the whole situation makes me want to do, aside from screaming and cussin' - somehow start up a non-profit, no-fee for riders, daily shuttle service to Yakima for the elderly, disabled, and ill that would serve these little towns that aren't "cost effective". Or maybe a network of drivers who'd be willing to donate drive time/gas just to help folks in the boonies get where they need to go and not spend a long, grueling day doing it. The main trouble with the Tuesday run to Yakima that already exists is that for folks at the end of the line, like my town, you have to be picked up first (7 a.m. or even earlier) and you get dropped off last (6 p.m. or even later), and that's a terribly long day for the elderly, disabled and ill. I know - I've done it more than once, and basically couldn't function for several days afterward. And all that was to see a doctor in Yakima for 15 minutes....

Gotta be a better way.....and I'm just about mad enough to see if I can't FIND that way!

Well, it seems I will be going to the wound care clinic in Yakima after all. A few days ago I went and moaned to a friend/neighbor about the whole situation, mainly to see if he had any ideas - he's lived here all his life and KNOWS things I haven't a hope of learning.

Earlier this evening he came to visit me, and told me that he and a friend of his wanted to go to Yakima on a regular basis anyway, and wanted to drive me there whenever I needed to go. He just said to make the appointment, and we'd all go whenever. You know, I sat there stunned by the generosity - he's been in a wheelchair, paralyzed from mid-chest down for many years, but does have a hand-operated van which his friend now operates for him when he needs/wants to go somewhere. Well, he still has his feet but surely better than anyone understands the danger I was in of losing mine, and just what that would mean for me. Believe me, I will be on the phone to my doctor later today to get this set up ASAP, because my foot isn't looking a whole lot better even with the herbal treatments. He also has suffered from serious nasty wounds himself, been hospitalized for them and has gone through the wound care business - he knows what's involved. When he came to see me, he brought a large bag full of bandaging materials, expensive ointment from the wound care folks, cleansing soution, gloves and such, all left over from his own nasty sessions trying to heal things against the odds. Just to make sure I had what I needed to fight my own battle against infection.

Need I say that after this gentleman left I had an all-out bawling fit? I am one who simply doesn't ask for help, been on my own for most of my life or was the caretaker in my family (just me and my mother) and it was so unexpected that someone should care enough to help me when I desperately need it.

There are indeed angels on this earth, and sometimes they take the form of guys in wheelchairs with foul mouths who like to drink tequila and have an undying desire to look at women's breasts. Another reason I try very hard not to judge people whose shoes I've never walked in and try to treat everyone I encounter with tolerance and kindness.

I'm so glad to hear that! You'd be surprised how some of the gruffest people are really very kind under their exterior facade. Many times it's because they know what other people in need are going through, having been there.

Anyway it's good that you are going. I know herbalists can be a big help, but sometimes you need modern miracles and that's why God gave scientists and physicians the talent to invent them. Prayers continue that the wound clinic is able to take care of the problem quickly!

So happy to hear the great news Mary, as you said, there are angels amongst us who will show themselves when needed!!!

Sending lots of strenght and energy your way and hope that the wound clinic will do wonder for you!

HUGS

I know, I still can't get over this fellow making this offer out of the blue like that. Especially since I was having a major pity-pot session over the whole thing and generally feeling pretty alone and helpless. Kinda restores my general faith in the goodness most people do display, when you give them a chance.....

Anyway, I have an appointment on August 3, which also just happens to be payday, so maybe we can all do something more fun and interesting than just going to a doctor's office? Lots of shopping in the "Big City" - should probably leave my debit card at home LOL!!

Wow, what a neat story. Mary, I am so glad to know that you will get the care you need. And for it to come in such a heart-warming way. It really does go to show, you can't judge by outward appearance. One of the things I like so much about the folks on this board!

Best wishes for quick healing!

Just said "NUTS!" about Heidi's Fred on another thread here, and have to say "NUTS!" for myself now. Am off to the doctor for another check on my foot, and I'm betting that he'll want to put me back on antibiotics, coz it's just not looking good and has started hurting more again. It's still another week before my wound care clinic appointment - SIGH! - and I just want it to not get any worse in between now and then.

Phooey, and I just got my insides more or less back to normal after the last bout of antibiotics!!