I need help - stick built dollhouse plans

jbresr

I need help....a long time ago I used to have plans to build a dollhouse just as if you are building a real house. It had all the measurements for all the boards etc and showed you how to build this house with pictures. I believe it was a two story house. Did I just make sense???? Anyways if anyone has any or knows where I can get them PLEASE let me know

Thanks

Donna

There are several on the market, but not 1" to the foot. Blick has a few kits in their catalogue for stick building, but that probably isn't what you are looking for.

ETA

Oh that's funny. The filter on the forum will not allow me to use the nickname for Richard. :p

The are different from HBS books. What I need is plans to build a house (like a real house but in mini size) The plans will tell me how many pieces of this and that I need and what size. Im sorry I know I am not making much sense but I need to build a real house like a real house in mini size

Donna

Hi Donna,

Dorie Kursz's book 'Building Miniature Houses and Furniture" has a pretty straight forward technique for constructing hollow wall dollhouses. She uses simple hand tools & basic materials. Each room or module fits next to or above one another. The basic sizes is 16" deep by 12" wide for rooms & 16" deep x 8" wide for hallways. She has all the dimensions & details for a one or two story colonial, & Georgian. But the modules can be sized according to your own designs / ideas. She also has diagrams of windows, doors, stairs, fireplaces & furniture. And lots of tips & tricks.

The framing for the walls is 1/4" x 1/8" strip wood, then she uses 1/16" mat board for the sheathing = 3/8" wall thickness.

Floor framing: 1/16" mat board + 7/16" x 1/8" joists + 1/16" mat board + finished wood floor 1/16" = 5/8" floor thickness.

Found here on GL: pdlnpeabody, Manda S

Hope this helps. :p

Donna, I have two house plans like. One is a cape cod and one is a gothic. I found both of mine on ebay. One seller had several different plans but I was outbid on most of them. I don't really know where else you can find them but on ebay. I see them every once in a while, you just have check in frequently. Good luck.

Midwest Wood used to have several woodframe kits, but I don't know what scale. Nancy at Houseworks told me they're offering woodframe dollhouse kits too. I just measure out the length of a jack stud (9 7/8") on a wood board, glue down a squared off block and use it as a jig to cut most of the framing. I measure out an even 10" for the king studs and cut them in the miter box.