Hello from NC

JaniceG

Hi, my name is Janice and I have been working on my first dollhouse kit for about a week now. I picked up an untouched kit for $5 at a thrift shop. It is a four room house called "The Bobbi" by Artply. When I am not staring intently at the pieces spread out on my pool table (makes a great work space), I am staring at the computer, looking up dollhouse how to(s). I have two small daughters circling me a little like sharks, wondering when the dollhouse will be finished and a husband who has invaded the partially built house shell with army miniatures.

This site looks like a great resource, I'm so glad I found it:)

Hello, Janice! :p This is a terrific place to learn and share skills, advice, inspiration and fun. :roflmao: Glad you could join us! (Check out the galleries for lots of eye-candy. There may even be a Bobbi or two in them.)

Wow, the gallery pics are amazing! I'm feeling a little intimidated. I'm a perfectionist and I want to do everything just right. So far I've been enjoying the process, just have to stop myself from hurrying.

Welcome to the little family, Janice. The Artply Bobbi is exactly the same kit as the Greenleaf Haunted House, and the Building Team built and blogged it here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...house/index.php . Don't hesitate to ask questions. Right off the bat, please don't build your kit with hot glue, please use a good carpenter's wood glue or tacky glue.

Janice,welcome fellow North Carolenian(sp?).Good to have you here !!!

I too,am new,I joined toward the end of May.I started my Fairfield after I joined,it had lived under my bed in the box for 3 years.These great people helped me get the nerve to start it.LOL

I am maybe 2/3 finished now...whew !!!

Anyway,welcome. :p

I hadn't realised that the Haunted House was the same as the Bobbi. I'm partway into building a Haunted House kit! I'll look forward to seeing some pics of yours, Janice. (Now I'll have to see about getting some of my own pics done to share ... don't hold your breath on that though ... I need people to help me. I'm soooo techno-challenged! :p)

Janice,where south of Raleigh?I grew up on the east side of Raleigh and went to Garner schools,about a zillion years ago.Been up here about 10 yrs now.We love it.

I haven't found anywhere to buy any dollhouse things!!! Once in a great while,Michael's will have a piece of unfinished furniture or two and they do have things that one can use.Look in my members gallery(link on my profile thingy) at my Fairfield living room.Those two oval pictures came from Michael's.Dollar Tree every couple of years gets in a bit of dollhouse stuff....not often.Plenty of places that deal with model trains,though...grrr.

Janice & April, every once in a while you can find actual minis at either AC Moore or Hobby Lobby, if any are in your area. Every once in a blue moon or so HL even carries 1:24 porcelain bathrooms.

Holly,i'd never heard of Hobby Lobby so I looked up the store closest to me...it's between 75 and 100 miles away.Shoot,I would have liked to check it out !!!! That's out of my driving comfort range....way out !!!! LOL

Linda,I'll bet it's cooler in Hickory? :wave:

Definitely not. We've had 100+ temps for more than a week now. Not sure I want to see July and August ....

PS, I use Hickory as a pinpoint since people tend to know where that is. I actually live about 20 miles outside of Hickory, and I work in Lincolnton.

April, I am not far from you. Just south of Raleigh. Do you know if there any places to buy dollhouse supplies in the area?

Hi Janice! I am in Wilmington NC, Welcome to the forum.