Whitney tiffani dollhouse kit

kiminiminy

I just bought an uponened tiffani dollhouse kit by Whitney. Has anyone built one of these before? I know they are retired, and I haven't been able to find many pictures of the finished house. I will use it as a Christmas themed house and probably donate it to a local organization to auction off.

Hi Kiminiminy!

I just started working on my old Tiffani again a few weeks ago--it was the first wood dollhouse I bought, back in the early 90's, and never finished it. It is very similiar (maybe even the same?!) as the Santa's Cottage, and you may see some photos in the gallery listed as such.

Be sure not to use Hot Glue--I did back in the day and the house fell apart, which is great for the rehab (since some spaces are very small once assembled), but not so good if you want it to last!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your house!

Tappy

Kimini,

I have a Tifani, and it is painted a light purple, just the outside, nothing else is done to it, I got it through ebay years ago. I have "sealed" the inside but that is it. If you are going to build yours I will build mine too and post it along with yours. Maybe we can help inspire eachother. I ahve not seen any pics of it besides what is on the box. LOL

dee in hot muggy rainy cool smyrna near atlanta

www.picturetrail.com/delores925

Dee, honey, you've been a busy girl! But could you PLEASE change the color of the print withyour pictures to black, or some other color my tired old eyes can read against that pretty background?

Hi Delores & Kimini,

I would like to work along with you, if y'all don't mind! It might be what I need to get my Tiff finished this time...

I remembered that someone made their Tiffany into a Santa's Cottage. The photos are in the Gallery under the Community Contests & Classes, subcategory "Anything Goes Winter 2005 Contest", they are like the 3rd or 4th entry in the gallery. They did a bit of bash and removed porch pieces, interior walls & stairs, but it is one that is actually completed!

Tappy

• 2 months later...

wow , Kimini and Holly, it is has too long since I last wrote, have not touched the Tifani, just looking at it as i type. Holly sorry about the hot pink writing, I might try to change it, as i can't read it either. LOL

Kimini are you doing doing anything with the Tifani? Good luck!

dee in mosquito ridden, smyrna near atlanta

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone working on a Tiffani? I have started mine sorta...put all the pieces in a dry fit to see size. I am making it a candy shop for my oldest daughter who LOVES candy! I have a color scheme or pink and brown and white.

I will post pictures as it comes along...thinking I might have to bash the inside to remove the wall but need to think of something to support attic floor and still look correct.

Mimmie

...thinking I might have to bash the inside to remove the wall but need to think of something to support attic floor and still look correct.

A porch post makes a good support. It will look like an architectural feature in the room when painted like the interior trims. If you want something that looks more substantial and/or formal, try an 8" plastic column sold to separate wedding cake tiers. It can be paint, too, if white isn't suitable.

• 3 years later...

Hi All

Has anyone finished their tiffany and saved the instructions?  I have a friend who has one without any :detective:

Thanks!

doc

• 11 months later...

Okay, I repainted my Tiffani to an aqua blue and shinned my wood floor and laid down "printie" tile.  but that is all!  Why is it taking so long to finish this darn house.  How is everybody else doing on theirs?

Dee is ever changing weather in smyrna, ga

www.picturetrail.com/delores925

Interior.jpg

Inteior.jpg