Good day everyone! Just joined now, so I'm having fun looking around. I'm doing the Willow, or trying to. It's not going well, but I'm stubborn. How much wood filler is too much? There's more filler than wood after all the splintering and breaking. My husband is a master carpenter, and he says to throw it away. He already made me one dollhouse, so I can't say he should do it.

Welcome to the little family, Melissa. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with old wood. If your DH wants to, he can trace all the pieces onto nice, new 1/8 " plywood and cut it all out for you; otherwise, however much wood filler (or glue) it takes to get your kit built.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear your a stubborn woman who's willing to endure the hardship. :hug: It'll be more precious when it's finished and you'll be able to tell all sorts of stories of what you went through to get it that way. Have fun!

Hi Melissa - welcome to the forum. :cry: Sorry that you're having a hard time with the wood ... it does sound rather like the kit you have has dried out. A few splinters are to be expected, but you seem to have more than your share - old wood can do that. Greenleaf has laser-cut kits now, that are absolutely splinter-free! :D

Hi,Melissa and welcome to the Forum!! Wow-your DH is a Master Carpenter??!!So

cool! Glad you found this site..much info and many new friends awaiting you!! :)

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Melissa – so glad you joined us! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! :) I hope your DH has the patience to help you with your houses :D

• 1 month later...