I need some thoughts sent out.

heidiiiii

Holly,

It was worse then we predicted. He has only drank 2 cups so far and he is staring down the proverbial barrel of the gun now. He had to drink barium this morning for the cat scan so his gut is not doing that great as it is.

Natalie is on chug a lug duty. She is making sure he does not forget to drink another cup.

I feel badly for him but there is nothing that can be done. He has to just bite that bullet and drink it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Go lightly is not staying down! He drinks and then he is in the bathroom puking. He is trying again. This is going to really stink if he does not keep that stuff down. Any ideas??

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Oh drinking that stuff is awful and so is the citrate. Now I know this is a tad bit late for Fred but my mother tells me there are pills you can take that accomplish the same thing as drinking that ....stuff. She used them as she was not able to drink stuff. I sure hope I can take pills when it is my turn as I have had to drink that.....stuff.....twice now so next time I am going to ask doc for PILLS (and I hate taking pills also)

I am hoping and praying for all good results

I wish I could tell you how to help Fred keep it down but I dont know how

Donna

He was able to choke the rest down. He basically did just chug a lugged it. That is why he puked a couple times. He did not want to sit there and drink a bit at a time. He has to be in there at 1pm today.

I am keeping an eye on the hurricane. I wanted to bake cookies today as a treat for him tomorrow AND as a snack to have if the lights go out..but it is sooo hot here.

It was miserable sleeping last night.

He will be done in about an hour to hour and a half. Then he will come home and sleep off the anesthesia. I will plan on making him dinner but I do not think he will be awake for it.

Thanks everyone again!

:D He got it down! The purpose of drinking the stuff is the Roto-Rooter job it does on your body, literally flushing out everything from the top down. He'll be exhausted for at least a day, and probably only want liquids or soft stuff.

I told him that there are rich people that pay $1000s to have that done at a spa. He only had to pay $10! ROFL

They found a polyp (testing). He also has a small hernia (they saw on catscan) but he is no pain from that at all so that is nothing to worry about now. I have to map out my coordinates for the trip to Yale on Tuesday. Natalie is going with us to keep me company. She already made arrangements with her teachers to get her work.

I am also taking her because Fred wants me to pick up cannolis and lobster tails on Wooster street. LOL I do not trust his anesthesia behind in the car by himself while I am in the bakery.

He has to have something called a EUS (endoscopic ultrasound) done there. I am not going to say that it does not scare me. I will keep hoping that what they find is nothing of any significance.

Heidi, these are all tests to let them see everything that might possibly be causing Fred's physical symptoms, so they don't miss anything, most of which is probably benign and simple; but since he's already prepped & going to be there & under, I figure they want to look at as much as possible.

Poor Heidii-I would be frantic by now with Fred AND the weather!! But you seem to be doing pretty well. Everyone is rooting for your family and by now you must have a fog of protection and good wishes surrounding your house!! My "baby" sister lives in Tiverton,RI and I'm praying for her too. :D

Llyn,

Thank you.

I posted about the track of the storm in the hurricane thread. It is going to be like a Noreaster for us here..Cape Cod is gonna get slammed a bit but I think your sister will be okay. If she (or you) have lived in New England for any amount of time..You know what a Noreaster is..We take long naps during those storms..LOL

The nurse called and told him that one polyp was fantastic. Meaning that there are people that end up having hundreds of them. So one is really really good. We are both freaked out about this. It is because that now when you start reflecting back..some of his symptoms fit. Like how baffled they were that no reflux med seems to work fully, pain in belly, etc. This test he is having next week is really good. They can see everything in your gut. They can even see if his gallbladder is being a bad boy.

I appreciate it all. Most of you know that I do not have a Mother and Father anymore. So there isnt anyone that I can call about this..shoulder to cry on and someone to say there there. It does not matter how old you are..you need that comfort.

It will be okay.

Heck, we will get Italian pastry out of it anyway..ROFL!! I wanted to go to IKEA but I am a good wife. I am not going to leave my drugged out husband in the car..Oh! Maybe I can go while he is having his procedure??

It is only 10 mins down the road!

I appreciate it all. Most of you know that I do not have a Mother and Father anymore. So there isnt anyone that I can call about this..shoulder to cry on and someone to say there there. It does not matter how old you are..you need that comfort.

It is amazing what you can find on here - I lost my father when I was 12 and now cut all ties with my mother a few months ago for complicated reasons (although our relationship has been somewhat of a strained one at least since my father died). Almost two years ago, I innocently sent a parcel of fabric to a dollmaker on her because she needed some and I had the time and inclination to do it. Now, we are the best of friends and she is my Mama whom I love so very much more than I ever did my real one!

I an relate, Heidi. My parents have been dead a long time, and I have no family except the Morgans. I'm lucky to have some really nice Morgan cousins, but it's not the same as having your own family that you grew up with. But we are here for you! I have just learned to deal with things on my own, but it would be nice to have someone to call and talk to when I get tired of being the adult and need a little mothering!

Fred's gonna be OK. He's getting the best care, and you have to think positive for him and the kids. Just come here to rant and cry!

We got some good news today. After talking just now with Fred`s nurse prac. friend..I found out that the lesion in his stomach was a fatty deposit. Benign fatty deposit. They will biopsy it and we will get the results in a week.

Everything is good. Esophagus, gastroesophageal junction, gastric mucosa, the duodenum, and even his gallbladder is free of stones or sludge.

This is a good day!

Fred got a referral for a local surgeon to have his small hernia closed up. The gastro says that other then scripts for his acid reflux..he will not be seeing him for another 5 years. :)

He is still dizzy and nauseous. He bought some ginger supplement at the health food store yesterday to help with the pukes.

The ginger really does help. I used to make a batch of ginger tea (dried, so he could make a cup at a time) about once a month for a friend who had nausea problems after crashing his plane. He said it was the first thing that had ever helped the nausea. One of our dogs gets car sick, so we keep ginger snaps in the car for him. Just make sure they're the real thing and not ginger flavored, and let Fred try those.

. Just make sure they're the real thing and not ginger flavored, and let Fred try those.

Thank you for the advice. I will let him know.

He is going to try to go back to work tomorrow. He is bored here and we need the money. If he is not successful, that is okay too. I am making him hotel turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn on cob, and boule for dinner tonite.

I have batches of cookies to make for him to take to work tomorrow too.

If you have an Asian grocery, get yourself some powdered ginger and put a pinch of it in Fred's mashed potatoes. Flat gingerale is what the peidatrician had me give our kids whenever they got the tummy-pukes, and the broth and rice stayed down that way.