I need some thoughts sent out.

heidiiiii

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this, Heidi, and hope he's feeling much better by now!

The odd thing is that his problem sounds much like what I have been having the past week. I have all the symptoms of gall bladder, and guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor. But I do dislike doing that so badly, almost worse than the pain!

give Fred a hug for me, and congratulations on resisting the cigarettes!

Considering that "indigestion" is one of the manifestations of cardiac ischemia (a cause of heart attacks), especially in women, no wonder they were doing all those tests. Here's hoping Nexium does the job!

I went to bed with a headache and woke up with one. I think my head was gonna explode..LOL I am better now.

He has to double up for a week and then go back to normal. If the double dose works, then they know. You are right..indigestion does mimic heart attack..that is why they were not messing around. He was enjoying the new hospital beds, flat screen tv, dvd player..omg you would think he went away on vacation! ROFL

Thank you all. I know some of you know what I was feeling and it was good to know that you were there in spirit.

Going to make chicken breasts on the grill today and I am going to can pickles. LOL

Happy Fourth of July all!

Wow,I was off the computer yesterday and I missed this.Heidi-So sorry to hear about Fred.Am sending positive thoughts,prayers and white light to your whole family esp. Fred. As a ret. nurse the Gallstone ides hit me also. Hope everything works out quickly and that Fred will be home soon-happy and well!!! :p :hug:

Happy 4th to you, too, Heidi, and everyone. How nice to have Fred home to feed. Since DH & I went onto a vastly reduced-fat/ low fat diet, a lot of foods really bother us when we eat out now, that didn't used to.

Well, obviously I missed your great news....but am sooooo glad that Fred is home and feeling better!! Hope the Nexium works and may ALL your troubles be small ones!! :cry:

I am late to the thread!

wow kid! sounds like the gauntlet of emotions came for the parade!

SO glad he is home and the new med works!

I agree 24 yrs isnt long enough!!!

nutti :cry:

Fred went to work and then he came home an hour later. He is still not good. His boss told him to just stay home, get to the Dr and have it straightened out.

So he has a anti nausea pill waiting at the pharmacy from the Gastro. He has to call his primary to make an appointment, and the gastro wants to make an appointment (he was on call at hospital so we will do it tomorrow).

The pain in his chest is gone but he still has the pain in his stomach and on his side (liver area). Still feeling like he is gonna puke. Still dry heaving. I have been watching. Food is not the issue. At least no food I have been giving him. I think he needs to make a food/beverage log to see when it comes up.

I will work on that in the morning.

To be continued.....

Absolutely get him to keep a log and write down EVERYTHING, no matter how picayune it might seem. Something is going into his tummy that it obviously doesn't like, or there's something he's taking in that his gallbladder isn't handling well.

BTW, did his liver enzymes tests show anything?

Fred just got back from his GP. He told Fred that the symptoms he is having is his GERD. He has just started taking the higher dosage of Nexium and that will take a couple weeks to show some real progress on his gut.

So that is that. I do not have it, so I have no idea how it feels or anything. I can have bouts of indigestion and there are a couple foods I avoid now because they do not agree with me anymore..pizza being one of them.

I feel so much better. This has actually done something to us. I have always been the sick one. That is our schtick. Now he was in the hospital bed, and that was not good. So we have been walking, actually eating more (but better things) and I am doing some other things to make our lives more comfortable.

I have gone over our finances and we are going to plug up the hemorrhaging leaks of overspending.

So we have written it all down...even down to the dog grooming. Even the oil bill..it is July but I should be saving for it.

Fred and I are growing up..LOL

Heidi...just saw this thread as I don't check Greenleaf that often and you didn't mention anything on FB. I hope all ends up okay for Fred. Sounds like you've had a very upsetting week. Hang in there!

Heidi...just saw this thread as I don't check Greenleaf that often and you didn't mention anything on FB. I hope all ends up okay for Fred. Sounds like you've had a very upsetting week. Hang in there!

Irene, the reason I did not mention anything on FB is because of Fred`s family. He specifically told me NO when I asked if he wanted me to tell his mother. He did though say that I could tell his God Mother..so you figure that one out..hehehe

His whole family is on FB and if they got wind that I did not tell them..I would be crucified. I had decided that if they found heart problems and he had to stay another night..I would have called his mother.

So that is why no one out there knows..LOL

It is his reflux and the dr told him his side pain (thinking liver) is his floating rib. It is in pain because of all the heaving he has been doing. Three drs have told him it is his reflux and to double up.