I need some thoughts sent out.

heidiiiii

The PA called and Fred was not here so I talked to her.

She cannot look up his Catscan. She told me to have him call the office, get them to leave a message for the Dr on-call. He did that..waiting waiting waiting. She thinks Fred needs to go back to the ER and maybe be admitted again.

She said to tell the Gastro he is feeling worse and not to sugar coat it (like he tends to do).

It could be a multitude of things she said but if it is neurological or even a hiatal hernia (she suspects)..they both need to be looked at if he cannot function. He has been out of work since July 2nd. To be brutally honest..he is getting on my nerves..LOL

Love him but I need some ME time.

So they need to fix him up.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary,

I do not want to do anything. All I do is sit here at the computer. And I want to eat...I know I know. but I think if I hoover thru a bag of Lay`s..I can have some new perspective on things. I have to go out to pay the cable bill ( i like to pay at office, it is close by, and I am friends with one of the bill people)..but I just do not want to leave the house.

Okay..I am going to go pay the bill, get my chips, and come right back!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Heidi. God performs miracles every day-just try to keep positive and take it one step at a time.

When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.

Luke 4:40

It is either chips or cigs and I do not want to smoke..It is okay. I had a medium french fry from McDs. I am better now.

Catscan on his head shows nothing to be alarmed about..this is coming from the Gastros assistant. They wanted her to tell Fred something so he did not have to wait.

He will hear more from him tomorrow.

Fred tried to go back to work yesterday. He went to a staff meeting and he lasted about 10 minutes. He is going to the ENT this afternoon and then the Dr for employee health. I hope the ENT finds what is wrong and can get him back to feeling normal again.

He is dizzy all the time. 24/7.

I am starting to get a little down about the whole thing. I do not want him to suffer.

I will let you know what we hear.

Gosh, Heidi, this has been going on for more than three weeks now. It's incredible that it is lasting this long and that the medicos haven't been able to nail it. Sending all kinds of good vibes your way. :)

We have a diagnosis!

Fred has Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo a.k.a BPPV. He has to have physical therapy, do some exercises with his head, and take Meclizine for his upset stomach. Four weeks of PT.

This is GREAT news and not so great news. Not serious at all but is a bothersome thing to get rid of.

Thank you all! I will keep you up to date on how he is doing.

Has anyone else had this? How did you get rid of it?

BPPV/Mayo Clinic

Well, it is good to get a diagnosis to start with and hopefully with the advice and all Fred will be on the mend real soon!

Sending strenght, courage and energy your way along with HUGS

So it turned out to be an inner ear thing that they discounted weeks ago? :lol: Well, glad to know there is a cure. Hope the PT and whatever else they suggest works quickly!

Many of the nurses that he works with had to deal with a spouse that had this. It is really awful (as I can attest to) but with some at home and in office manipulations, PT, and medication...he should be on his way.

One day at a time with this. Funny thing is..he can drive fine. Does not effect him then at all. It is when he is in the car with other drivers.

He is STILL going to get the upper endoscopy done because he has to take some really strong meds for his acid reflux. He needs it to be checked again.

I am so glad that this was finally figured out. Worst case scenario is surgery but it will probably never ever come to that.

Phew!!!

I was having some dark thoughts there. You all know what I mean.

Phew!!!

I was having some dark thoughts there. You all know what I mean.

Mmmm, I can totally relate and understand, been there done that and it is such a great feeling to be able to have something that is treatable to "fight" with so to speak.

Sending lots of hugs along with strenght and courage :lol:

Just a hearing test today. He has the hearing of a 15 year old..ROFL I said lucky that something you own is that young. Next he will set up for another type of test...then they will decide on what kinda PT.

The Dr he works with (NICU dr) wondered why they had not prescribed fred any valium for his dizziness..and I bonked my hand on my head. Yeah! Why not? So he is going to call tomorrow and ask for some.

He is sooo itching to get back to work.