Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

https://www.true2scale.com/1-24-plastic-dish-blanks-for-decals/I only know US dealers, and with the VAT restrictions you might have a hard time.

Or make your own https://www.annwoodhandmade.com/miniature-dish-tutorial-make-tiny-teacups-and-plates/

• Like 2

Use agood sturdy weight smooth paper and a small diameter dowel to shape your plates, and with a couple of coats of clear nail enamel your slates ought to look just fine!

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2010 at 11:34 AM, CatColorado said:

One thing to remember with the inexpensive furniture sets, you can always bash them and make them look different. Nail polish remover will get rid of that finish and loosen the glue. After that you can paint and embellish to your heart's desire. This is also a good way of learning furniture construction if you want to make you own.

Oh my goodness, I had no idea about the nail polish remover!  I can't wait to play this weekend!  Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Can someone help me determine the scale size of our dollhouse?  It is from S/W Crafts who are no longer in business. The D.H. was purchased in 1978, and called Colonial Doll House Model #412.  It's a 3-story farmhouse style and we're trying to sell it now.  Someone has asked me what the scale size is and I don't have a clue.  Vicki

Vicki, half scale is 1:24, meaning that something that is 24" (2') high in real life is only 1" high in 1:24 scale;  a foot-long real life ruler would only be 1/2" long in 1:24 scale.  Measure a door or ceiling height in the house you live in and in your dollhouse and you ought to be able to figure if the scale is 1:12 (1'=1" in scale) or 1:24 (1'=1/2' in scale).

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Vicki, half scale is 1:24, meaning that something that is 24" (2') high in real life is only 1" high in 1:24 scale;  a foot-long real life ruler would only be 1/2" long in 1:24 scale.  Measure a door or ceiling height in the house you live in and in your dollhouse and you ought to be able to figure if the scale is 1:12 (1'=1" in scale) or 1:24 (1'=1/2' in scale).

Thanks a lot.  I should be able to figure it out now.  Vicki

6 hours ago, Vicki DeVries said:

Can someone help me determine the scale size of our dollhouse?  It is from S/W Crafts who are no longer in business. The D.H. was purchased in 1978, and called Colonial Doll House Model #412.  It's a 3-story farmhouse style and we're trying to sell it now.  Someone has asked me what the scale size is and I don't have a clue.  Vicki

All SW Crafts houses are 1/12th scale.