Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

...I have another package of patterns for half scale furniture which i will dig out tomorrow. I don't know if you can still get that one but it would be easy to copy...
I would be really skittish about copying patterns that are copyrighted, in case you sold your stuff later on.

I'm not sure if they are copyrighted--still haven't gotten to them. I guess selling them or something made from them never crossed my mind. You are always one step ahead, Holly!

These plans were published in The Small Scale Cabinetmaker, Dorsett Publications. It was not listed on their list of available printings, so i sent an email to ask how they feel about me sharing the plans for free.

We will see--

Several of the furniture plans were reissued in The Best of the Scale Cabinetmaker. Most recent scuttlebutt is that Jim's & Helen's daughter may be reissuing the SCM as a CD? Anyway, the copyrights are alive & well and I'd certainly contact the family about sharing the plans.

Are you two arguing over The Cabinetmaker's Guide? The half inch scale furniture is in Volume 8, I bought my copy from Earth and Tree. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they carry them anymore. However, if you google Dorsett Publications, it will bring up the Scale Cabinetmaker website and it looks like you can order Volume 8 directly from them. Click on the Retail Order Form link. It is listed there with the others, same price I paid for mine originally.

http://www.dorsettpublications.com/DPLLC/T...abinetmaker.htm

I am a person of great patience - sometimes. And then, there are times when I want it and I want it NOW. Tonight I wanted to make something for my Fairfield and I wanted it to be finished before I went to bed. I guess that's the "instant gratification" part of my personality. So, here's a Quicker Wicker chair that Ernie sells for $16.95, I think. There are other pieces in this collection.

Now, I've had some dazzling wicker furniture made by one of your talented craftsmen in this forum that is totally exquisite. This is neither dazzling nor exquisite, and I sure wouldn't want any of you who do such magnificent work to see it up close, but it was kind of fun to make and I think will look cute in my completed house. I'm not sure about the scale - it may be a little large, but I could put it on the porch, if nothing else.

This is just an idea of what there is out there for 1/24. I've done a lot of investigating of 1/24 furniture and hope that you'll all be interested if I throw in a few ideas now & then.

post-2625-1278820968_thumb.jpgpost-2625-1278821380_thumb.jpg

...This is just an idea of what there is out there for 1/24. I've done a lot of investigating of 1/24 furniture and hope that you'll all be interested if I throw in a few ideas now & then.
I think that's the general idea for this topic. I do like how your chair came out, I've been wanting to make more 1:12 wicker (chews up my fingertips something fierce!), but not inspired to try it in 1:24 yet.

Hello, May i dip my toe in here again? Thank you Kathy for providing the info on TSC's Half scale Furniture guide. When i looked at the site i only saw the first 6 vols listed, so i didn't bother going to the order form.

Now, as for us arguing over the whole thing, i feel Holly was just trying to save some heartache down the road, and i was doing my best to find out how to get the Furniture Guide.

I am sorry if you were distressed by our back and forth.

Believe me, i don't want to cause any stress-- i have post traumatic stress disorder--and i do all i can to control stress in my life.

Again thanks for showing everyone how to get the half scale guide. Have you made anything from it? I haven't. I seem to use it as reference a lot!

Dot

We all work as hard as we can to keep this site as safe & stress-free as possible!

I have several volumes of The Best of... and great ambitions! I actually did use the diagrams from one of the kitchens to make the monitor-top fridge for the Coventry Cottage in my Team Coventry Cottage blog.

Here is my list of online retailers that have a more substantial selection of 1/24 scale items. I have never ordered from many of these, so can't vouch for their service, and they're not all inexpensive either. Several of them have amazing looking items that I'd love to order. I get lots of good ideas just from browsing. Hope you enjoy.

bits-n-kits.com

half-scale-miniatures.com

www.dollhousecollectables.com

www.dollhousedomain.com

www.oakridgehobbies.com (Very good service, though the handling charge is a bit high) www.miniaturefloors.com

grandmahollyshouse.com

dollhouse-miniature-wallpaper.com (An amazing selection of wallpaper)

www.petite-properties.com

www.lightingbugltd.com

www.minimumworld.com

www.minishop.com

www.mountainminiatures.com

www.phoenixmodeldevelopments.com

sdk.miniature.net

small-scale-laser-kits.com

www.thegoldenloon.com

www.dollhouseroomdesigns.com

small-scale-tudor-miniatures.com

• Like 1

I'm in pain this morning... boo hoo. No minis for me.

To add to Kathleen's list, these are all places I have ordered from and had a good experience with.

The Green Gables

http://www.greengablesdollhouse.com/Half%2...0Miniatures.htm

They carry Lighting Bug, Cir-Kit, and Houseworks lights. It's a one stop shop. They also carry Brodnax paper and Flooring, and Jackson's paper.

Brodnax Prints

http://brodnaxprints.com/farbic.aspx

You can order directly from them and I have in the past. I like their silk prints. They used to have tutorials and a few furniture kits but those are no longer on the site.

Gisele's Miniature Creations

http://www.gminiature.com/

I have bought my doll kits from here. She used to have more to choose from, now just a few.

Karen Benson Miniatures

http://karenbensonminiatures.com/shop/

She sells laser cut kits. Plain, no frills.

Robin Betterley

http://www.robinbetterley.com/shopping%20f...inshopping.html

Really nice laser cut kits. Includes art and fabric, and sometimes extras like pillows or framed art.

No worries Dot, I just wanted to make sure people knew that they CAN still buy the Scale Cabinetmaker's Guides and where to do so. I'm glad it was brought up because there are a few issues I would like to buy myself.

We all work as hard as we can to keep this site as safe & stress-free as possible!

I have several volumes of The Best of... and great ambitions! I actually did use the diagrams from one of the kitchens to make the monitor-top fridge for the Coventry Cottage in my Team Coventry Cottage blog.

I can't wait to get my scroll saw so I can actually use the patterns. They say just an exacto knife, but a saw would be so much easier.

I am a person of great patience - sometimes. And then, there are times when I want it and I want it NOW. Tonight I wanted to make something for my Fairfield and I wanted it to be finished before I went to bed. I guess that's the "instant gratification" part of my personality. So, here's a Quicker Wicker chair that Ernie sells for $16.95, I think. There are other pieces in this collection.

Thanks for posting these pictures - your chair turned out great! I actually just made this same one yesterday, and did a couch a few months back (pictures and my impressions of the kit are posted here). I haven't painted mine yet. They're going to go in the living room of the puzzle house.

I also assembled a Cassidy Creations bed yesterday. In general I like the Cassidy Creations kits but I was disappointed with this one -- the instructions weren't great, several of the pieces weren't cut to the right size... The line of kits changed hands a few years ago and I don't know if this is a function of the new owner cutting corners or if it's a fluke. (I have a few more waiting for the puzzle house, so I guess we'll see!)

I bought a table top one from Micro-Mark, it is still on back order though. It will get here eventually. It's actually a good thing that I don't have it right now, I have a freelance job that I need to finish by the end of July and if I had the saw I would be too busy playing instead of working.

I have all these plans on what I want to do once it gets here.

Actually the headboard and footboard are made from a scrapbook hinge decoration. It's plastic, I bought it along time ago at Big Lots. I seperated one hinge into two pieces ,added a little wood to build it up, and the feet are the decorated ends of turned toothpicks. The bed is nothing but a block of packing foam that was the right size. After seeing the safety pins used for a headboard I got to thinking of other things to use and got to looking thru stuff and found these hinges ( I have another to use on another bed). It was very easy to do, I would like to have different fabrics, but I was using what I already had, and the pink velvet didn't require hemming since it doesn't ravel. I think we could find loads of stuff to use as headboards, so it's easy to make half scale beds. Now on to build something else. I already built wall cabinets to go in my HS Rosedale kitchen (they aren't really functional) so I don't think it would be too hard to make chests and dressers. I'm thinking chairs might be the hardest.