tennyson

ilovecats

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marg, it looks fantastic! You did an awesome job of 'aging' everything. I think the old occupants in the attic are a hoot! What an imagination! Kinda reminds me of 'The Grudge' though . . . creepy! :)

Your fireplace is amazing! Great job! I swear, though, that that witch is looking at me! :D

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for more!!

Thanks Holly. I still have to complete the fireplace and chimney. That is this weekends project! Then I'll do the roof and complete the finishing trim inside. I still have to weather the exterior a bit and weather the shingles. Then all the trim on the exterior and railing for both porches.....hey my list keeps getting longer as i type! :thumb:

I've been working on the exterior trim and details today, painting and such! I'll take photos tomorrow. I think i love the exterior finish! Of course all the trim pieces are lying on the table waiting for the paint to dry, it may look awful after i get it all together :groucho:

The interior is complete! I just need to make ratty curtains and decorate! Now just the exterior trim and shingles and it will be complete!

The interior of the Winston is complete as well! I need to do a little touch up on the varnish on the exterior trim pieces before I can take piccies....so i'll post those tomorrow as well.....I just need to finish the shingles and that house will be complete except for cafe style curtains and decorating!

So, lunch break over, back to business!

Finally took pictures! They are in webshots, i'll put a few up in the gallery after lunch.

The interior of the house is complete now, except for decor and ratty curtains....The exterior needs a little bit more trim, the railings and the shingles, then it will be complete!

The photos make the exterior appear pinkish...it's not...it's beige with a little bit of burnt umber and also some parchment color. It's hard to get a true idea of how it looks from the photos....looks better in person!

Thanks Blondie!

Well today is the day...I'm getting this house done...it WILL be finished today...it will...it wi....

i'm gonna try to use the shingles that were supposed to go with the Winston, they are ratty looking....however they are smaller in size...i hope i have enough :)

My plan is to complete the house today cuz on my next day off (sunday) i want to start on the Beacon Hill!

Ohhh we love plans like these don't we???? And I am going over to see your pics in a little while as well as it sounds like you have had a lot of fun with this one :) and I just sort of love those witchy houses, yup, love 'em LOL

Hugs

I completed the weathering of the roof today! I was going to call the house done, but I decided that i need to do a dirty wash over the chimney, it looks to clean and new!!! I also need to do a couple of little touch ups on the roof, other than that, the house is completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not putting windows in...why? Cuz I forgot to do it before i glued the frames in place. I don't want to try to pry off of window trim, that quick grab stuff can hold pretty well. I'm happy with it as is anyway, no worries about the missing "glass" from the windows! This little error will just help me with my next house, i'll remember next time! I'll throw some pictures in the gallery!

LOVE IT!

it turned out wonderfully!

I cant wait to do another Haunted house project!

you are doing a wonderful job on your houses! they look so professional!

about the windows

if you get some craft cheescloth and put in in a dirty wash and let dry you can use strips of it for curtains

and starch them so they are blowing out some of the windows.

just a thought!

looking forward to seeing it all furnished!

nutti :yikes: